Day Pass?

hds249

My brother is a police officer in Florida. I am wondering if he and his wife would be able to come aboard for a couple hours while we are in Port Canaveral? Does anyone know if RCCL will allow this? We will be in a suite on the Grandeur traveling in September. Thanks for any info or suggestions. :D

RCCL policy states that people can see you to the pier but not come aboard the ship. I am sure you could get off the ship and MEET them, but I seriously doubt RCCL will issue them a day pass.

My brother is a police officer in Florida. I am wondering if he and his wife would be able to come aboard for a couple hours while we are in Port Canaveral? Does anyone know if RCCL will allow this? We will be in a suite on the Grandeur traveling in September. Thanks for any info or suggestions. :D

I always read this and saw all the notices, but why do they make an announcement before sailing that all visitors must leave the ship, that always confused me

I know this will be even more confusing but it´s for all the visitors onboard that have to leave then.

OK I think this needs some more explanation:

There are several people onboard that are not supposed to go with the ship.

I.E. port agents, catering people, officials like Customs, immigration, port security, coast guards,....

There could be also some wedding on the ship with guests not going on the cruise but only for the wedding ceremony / reception on the ship.

Another group of visitors is Travel agents or other people working in the Travel industry that are often invited by the cruise line to visit and tour the ship.

Last I can think about is that sometimes relatives from crew, especially offices are allowed for a short visit.

Though passengers are not supposed to have people visiting them onboard there are still people who would be allowed as visitors.

I know this will be even more confusing but it´s for all the visitors onboard that have to leave then.

OK I think this needs some more explanation:

There are several people onboard that are not supposed to go with the ship.

I.E. port agents, catering people, officials like Customs, immigration, port security, coast guards,....

There could be also some wedding on the ship with guests not going on the cruise but only for the wedding ceremony / reception on the ship.

Another group of visitors is Travel agents or other people working in the Travel industry that are often invited by the cruise line to visit and tour the ship.

Last I can think about is that sometimes relatives from crew, especially offices are allowed for a short visit.

Though passengers are not supposed to have people visiting them onboard there are still people who would be allowed as visitors.

Plus the folks who work at the cruise terminal get lunch on the ship.

Archived