Early saver- basic question

jmd958

We booked our Alaskan cruise in Dec 2013 on the Carnival Miracle set to sail on 8/5/14. I booked by phone directly with a Carnival agent. We have 1 interior room and 1 extended balcony room. A few months back, the balcony room dropped in price by $50. I called Carnival and got a price reduction (the cruise was not yet paid in full).

Now, both rooms have dropped in price (and we have now paid in full). This time, I sent in the online form and just received a response saying that we did not book early saver and since our trip is paid in full, we cannot get a credit.

This is what I found on the Carnival website:

Here's how the Early Saver program works:

1. When you book a 3-5 day cruise three months in advance, or 6 day or longer cruise five months in advance, you are assured the

lowest rate with a cabin assignment.

If we booked almost 9 months in advance, why am I not on the early saver program? This is our first time cruising with Carnival and I am confused. Thanks for your help in advance!

Early Saver is a rate code. Past Guest is a rate code. Military is a rate code. Fun Saver is a rate code, etc.

Just because you booked early does not mean that you booked "Early Saver".

If you didn't book ES you should still be able to receive price drops up till "Final Payment DATE" even if you've paid in full. If your cruise is 8/5, you must be past final payment date and, therefore, no price drop allowed.

Thanks! That makes sense. Now my next question- How do I know which rate I booked under. I've looked at our original booking confirmation from Carnival and have looked online under my cruise manager and can't see anything that says my rate I booked under.

That's why I couldn't find it. Guest notes are really far down in my confirmation email. I never noticed it. It says I booked under Holiday Sale rate. Now I get it! Thanks everyone!

If we booked almost 9 months in advance, why am I not on the early saver program? This is our first time cruising with Carnival and I am confused. Thanks for your help in advance!

Early Saver rate may not be available when Carnival is having a "sale" even if it's months before.

Early Saver is a rate code. Past Guest is a rate code. Military is a rate code. Fun Saver is a rate code, etc.

Just because you booked early does not mean that you booked "Early Saver".

If you didn't book ES you should still be able to receive price drops up till "Final Payment DATE" even if you've paid in full. If your cruise is 8/5, you must be past final payment date and, therefore, no price drop allowed.

Do they not offer OBC anymore with the Early Saver rate? If past the final due date?

Do they not offer OBC anymore with the Early Saver rate? If past the final due date?

Yes, if you booked ES, you will receive OBC after final payment.

The OP did not book under the ES rate.