Sailing Princess out of Houston...questions

Disneycruisers

Hi!

DH and I have sailed twice from Galveston, and will be sailing the Emerald Princess in January.

Situation is, we drove both times (to Galveston, from Dallas.) This time, we're going to fly.

What airport would you recommend, Hobby or Bush Intercontinental? Also looking for recommendations for transportation to the port.

Thank you!:)

We've done this cruise twice, both times flying into IAH (Bush.) It's farther. At least the airport hotels are cheap if you stay overnight. As for the transfer, we used SuperShuttle's towncar service, which is about $100 one way from IAH-area hotels to the pier. Not cheap, but efficient. We also used the princess transfer for disembarkation once; it was OK. The bus driver seemed unfamiliar with the airport and had to circle a couple of times; we had been delayed by fog and were late to begin with, which added to the drama.

We've done Hobby twice, but mainly because we try to fly Southwest. As for transfers, for just the two of us, Princess seemed to be one of the cheaper options (and we have not experienced any problems with Princess transfers to/from HOU).

I would let the cheapest air fare and most convenient flight schedule pick the airport choice. Just keep in mind that with the history of that port I would assume a delay into any return flight.

I flew into IAH last year, stayed overnight near the airport the night prior to departure and used the Princess transfer. Worked well.