To BX Balcony or Not on the Breakaway??

yoboy08753

Ok I have searched this but cant find my answer so I apologize if this is a common question. We have a BX Guarantee booked on the Breakaway. I have read these balconies are about the size of a lounge chair. True? Seems kind of small to me to even build them this small. We have always sailed balconies and even though we don't spent a ton of time out there we find it nice to sit out there with a plate of breakfast and a Bloody Mary in the morning with our drinks on the small table. Is this possible in a BX cabin? We are only on deposit so have time to change, any and all help here is appreciated

Edited by yoboy08753

Only way to know is to call and ask. It's nice to sit outside your cabin it part of cruise. Salt air , wave, sunsets

Thanks, but I trust the input of fellow cruisers here then the NCL peeps on the phone trying to make a sale. We agree with the salt air, sunsets and waves but we like our breakfast time out there too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I have searched this but cant find my answer so I apologize if this is a common question. We have a BX Guarantee booked on the Breakaway. I have read these balconies are about the size of a lounge chair. True?

Yes, that's true... for STANDARD balconies. There are actually 4 BX rooms on deck 8 and *those* have much larger balconies. So a BX guarantee is kind of a no-lose thing... you'll either get a "higher" category somewhere else on the ship, or you'll get your guarantee category with a large balcony.

At least that's what I tell myself as I wait for my cabin assignment for *my* BX Guarantee.

Yes, that's true... for STANDARD balconies. There are actually 4 BX rooms on deck 8 and *those* have much larger balconies. So a BX guarantee is kind of a no-lose thing... you'll either get a "higher" category somewhere else on the ship, or you'll get your guarantee category with a large balcony.

At least that's what I tell myself as I wait for my cabin assignment for *my* BX Guarantee.

We had a BX guarantee, and ended up with a standard balcony, 13108. You do not necessarily get one of the 4 BX rooms on deck 8.

All of the standard balcony cabins have the same small balcony. It's fine, just know that it's small. Two people can sit there, but you probably will be facing one another more than the sea. We used our balcony and enjoyed it. Just know going in, it's a smaller than average balcony on the Breakaway and enjoy it!

We had a BX guarantee, and ended up with a standard balcony, 13108. You do not necessarily get one of the 4 BX rooms on deck 8.

All of the standard balcony cabins have the same small balcony. It's fine, just know that it's small. Two people can sit there, but you probably will be facing one another more than the sea. We used our balcony and enjoyed it. Just know going in, it's a smaller than average balcony on the Breakaway and enjoy it!

Yes true, glad we found out now that it could be smaller then after we walk in

We have BX guaranteed too. I would rather pay less. But I very much enjoy the balcony! When we went to Alaska we had an inside room (the balcony would have almost doubled our cost) but had relatives on a balcony, we were able to enjoy their balcony when we sailed by the glacier, amazing!

My DH and I had a BX guarantee on the Breakaway June 8th - we ended up with 9848. Balcony was not huge - but we had no trouble having drinks and snacks.

How long before your cruise until your cabin number was assigned?

• 5 weeks later...
We booked Bx also and just got assigned today 9848 for our September 13 cruise on Getaway.

.....it's 9848?

AAAAArrrrrggggghhhhh, not that cabin!!!!!

;)

wasiii

Edited by wasiii

I also have a BX booked for my October Getaway cruise. Originally booked a studio and then found out for the same price I could get a balcony! I would be crazy not to take advantage of the opportunity! So I'm patiently (and anxiously) waiting for my cabin number. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You won't be able to fit the plates and the drinks on the table at the same time. They're quite crowded.

Do a google image search. It's a pretty accurate reflection.

KMM_8141.jpg

If this is what the BX balconies look like then I'll be ok with that. Looks about the same size as my Dawn was last year!

we booked a BX last week for next week's breakaway sailing. when i logged into NCL a few days ago, we had been assigned a room already. 12292 (aft). Its not the best location. I know there are still many balconies avail on our sailing so I'm hoping maybe we can get an upgrade at check in? I know its not likely but maybe they'll throw a bone at us for our anniversary??? lol

Hi, can you tell me how they notify you? I am patiently waiting.....but we have about 7 weeks so it is probably to soon

Thanks

Jennifer

I just looked at our reservation on the NCL website. the cabin changed from GTY to the room number.

we booked a BX last week for next week's breakaway sailing. when i logged into NCL a few days ago, we had been assigned a room already. 12292 (aft). Its not the best location. I know there are still many balconies avail on our sailing so I'm hoping maybe we can get an upgrade at check in? I know its not likely but maybe they'll throw a bone at us for our anniversary??? lol

That's a great room. It's got an angled balcony, which is bigger than a standard balcony. We loved ours last week. You can watch the fireworks from there. Might be able to hear music from Spice H2O parties, too, when on balcony.

Have fun!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

I think Wasiii's gentle wink indicates he's being the friendliest, most jovial, kind-hearted of trolls. But I am looking at same/similar cabin for future sailing. So I'm interested in any commentary, including yours on your return.

Enjoy your cruise.

We also have a BX for our cruise next feb. Will be traveling with an infant so I hope we get one of the BX rooms but it is risky.

Does anyone know when they assign us a room and as it gets closer to the sail date like one week out. If we see a better room avail can we request to change rooms?

That's a great room. It's got an angled balcony, which is bigger than a standard balcony. We loved ours last week. You can watch the fireworks from there. Might be able to hear music from Spice H2O parties, too, when on balcony.

Have fun!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

i'm so happy to hear that!!! thanks for the info!