Paying with Carnival GiFt CaRdS..........

got2shop

Has anyone else experienced an issue paying for their CrUiSe with a Travel agent using a Carnival Gift Card?!? My agent states NO ONE has ever tried to use a gift card.....aNd I am now not able to use it for the whole fare....?

You may be able to use the amount towards your Sail & Sign account. Go to Carnival's website and search "Gift Cards".

The reason that you probably can't use it for your fare is because you booked with a TA and in actuality, you are paying them NOT Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was going to recommend what the previous poster stated, and that it probably has to be called in, or you could save it for onboard and apply it towards your S&S account. I hope everything works out. :)

I just did this yesterday and had no issue. The TA had never done it before, but apparently there was an option for "Carnival Gift Card" in their payment system. The TA did mention that prepaid cards (Visa or MC branded) will often not work, but there was no issue applying the gift card I purchased last week during their 10% bonus offer.

I use the Discover Card promotion and had a problem since I am supposed to pay my cruise off with my discover card. I thought I would be fine since I used Discover to purchase them. At first they said I couldn't use the gift cards or I would lose my $160 from the Discover promo. But after a bit of whining and begging, they agreed to let me do it this one time. WHEW. Lesson learned. So if you used a card promo, you may have a problem. Just beg a little and they may change their minds.

Edited by smarks