GI illness on Amsterdam now

gertiesmom

I'm onboard, and with all the other precautions, am very surprised to see pool open and full of children . . . while hot tubs are closed and drained.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Chlorine is used in the swimming pools which kills the bacteria but they use a different chemical in the hot tubs so perhaps this is not effective against the noro virus

When we were in Code Red on Amsterdam they closed the Thermal suite, closed the library, took all the magazine in and all the brochures in the future cruise racks and shore excursions.... just about anything that could be touched. But they let us use the deck chairs :)

Whatever the circumstances, it's hard to have a bad day on a cruise ship... that is, unless you are the one with noro :0

m--

My son and I came down with Norovirus on a Princess cruise 4 years ago. It was miserable. We are booked to sail on July 27th on the Amsterdam. After being so ill, I would actually consider forfeiting my trip to avoid being that sick again. (Now I will get ridiculed for the idea, but not by anyone who's had the virus:)

I hope everyone gets well or remains well. Here's to the crew and all of the extra efforts required to combat the virus.

:mad:

My son and I came down with Norovirus on a Princess cruise 4 years ago. It was miserable. We are booked to sail on July 27th on the Amsterdam. After being so ill, I would actually consider forfeiting my trip to avoid being that sick again. (Now I will get ridiculed for the idea, but not by anyone who's had the virus:)

I hope everyone gets well or remains well. Here's to the crew and all of the extra efforts required to combat the virus.

:mad:

We boarded the Noordam after a similar situation. We had the first couple of days of code red --- with the overwhelming cleaning and protection by the crew we were out of the code red within 48 hours and it didn't recur. HAL is wonderful combating this issue.

The crew and team have handled this wonderfully. We have not really felt much of an impact, the library books and magazines are still put away. Oddly enough the sauna was open yesterday afternoon.

Is the taco bar open?

Edited by sail7seas

Mrluckycharms,

Were you on the cruise or are you just making a comment?

We will be boarding shortly and did not receive any emails regarding boarding.

You should have been handed a letter as you entered the terminal if there were still issues. Hopefully with a full passenger turnover they will end the code red and go back to normal after a full cleaning.

You should have been handed a letter as you entered the terminal if there were still issues. Hopefully with a full passenger turnover they will end the code red and go back to normal after a full cleaning.

No letter as we boarded. The library was open and people were checking out books right after boarding. Today after the first 48 hours they let us serve ourselves and the salt and pepper were on the table.

Utahtea