Solo Cruisers

Hi guys,

Cruising out of Barcelona next year on a Western Mediterranean cruise and have a question regarding a solo cruiser.

Does RCCL ever offer a single cruiser rate? I have done the mock bookings and obviously it always charges for two guests even though there is only one.

I know that some lines offer a single traveller rate.

Anything?

Hi guys' date='

Cruising out of Barcelona next year on a Western Mediterranean cruise and have a question regarding a solo cruiser.

Does RCCL ever offer a single cruiser rate? I have done the mock bookings and obviously it always charges for two guests even though there is only one.

I know that some lines offer a single traveller rate.

Anything?[/quote']

Some cruises have a reduced single supplement. You can find some of those listed on the weekly sales flyer:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

I don't know of any sales that offer a zero single supplement.

The new ships (Quantum and Anthem) will have a very few staterooms for singles, however from the reports I've read here, the prices are very high.

I've been doing some mock bookings for 2015 and so far all of the cruises I have looked at have been pricing out at 150% for a solo, which reflects the BOGO sale. Unfortunately, for some cruises when you enter 1 person you don't see the same cabins available as when you enter 2 persons, despite RCI adamantly saying that never happens. If you are not seeing the BOGO on line suggest you talk to RCI, there might be a glitch, I know that is hard to believe.

Other than the BOGO sale, and sometimes the weekly sales, pricing will almost always be 200%, even on last minute sailings. And yes, due to demand, the few studio cabins are actually pricing out sometimes at more than a 200% inside cabin.

I've been doing some mock bookings for 2015 and so far all of the cruises I have looked at have been pricing out at 150% for a solo, which reflects the BOGO sale. Unfortunately, for some cruises when you enter 1 person you don't see the same cabins available as when you enter 2 persons, despite RCI adamantly saying that never happens. If you are not seeing the BOGO on line suggest you talk to RCI, there might be a glitch, I know that is hard to believe.

Other than the BOGO sale, and sometimes the weekly sales, pricing will almost always be 200%, even on last minute sailings. And yes, due to demand, the few studio cabins are actually pricing out sometimes at more than a 200% inside cabin.

I would've typed the exact post above word for word had I not been surprised by my experience this morning. Take a look at my thread I just posted

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2059595

Specifically:

"***Note to solos: I was offered both an OV or INT GTY, well known they haven't been offering that to solos, and you cannot book that directly on the website, nor is irt advertised anywhere. Not only that, the prices was less than advertised on the website. The rep didn't know why either, but seemed to be a slightly reduced supplement maybe. A famous "IT glitch"?? I don't know and I don't care!! Booked... $400 less than booking on the web"

This is for Serenade - Med. Call RCL directly and see if they have anything in their system which you don't see on the web :D

Wow. With the current sale on the Aust RCL web site I have yet to see a single cruise which has a 150% price for a solo. 150% gives you the price for 2 people and 200% gives you the price for 1 person. I am looking forward to the sale ending.