Any Questions?

Cruachan

OK, I'm off on QV (again!) on Sunday.

If anyone has any questions - and by that I mean questions that can only be answered by someone who is actually on board the ship - then post them on this thread and I will try to find answers for you.

J

Hey Jimmy Three Breakfasts, have a good time. I'll try to think up a good question, but I'd just appreciate hearing how your voyage is going (living vicariously since I have no cruises planned this year). Best wishes, -S.

Hi J,

Thanks for the offer. Together with friends we have booked Staterooms 1111 and 1113 for a Cruise in January, two outside cabins on Deck 1. Any information re the location, size of the cabins, noise from above etc etc. would be helpful - also not too sure from deck plan what is next to 1113 at the end of the corridor. From reviews it appears that these grades on Deck 1 are slightly bigger than same grades on higher decks.

Any little information will help, but thanks anyway and have a great time onboard.

Best wishes,

Dave

Hi J,

Thanks for the offer. Together with friends we have booked Staterooms 1111 and 1113 for a Cruise in January, two outside cabins on Deck 1. Any information re the location, size of the cabins, noise from above etc etc. would be helpful - also not too sure from deck plan what is next to 1113 at the end of the corridor. From reviews it appears that these grades on Deck 1 are slightly bigger than same grades on higher decks.

Any little information will help, but thanks anyway and have a great time onboard.

Best wishes,

Dave

No problem Dave, I'll give it a quick recce for you. Never let it be said that the a former member of 3 PWO wouldn't help out an old Green Howard. :D:D

J

OK, I'm off on QV (again!) on Sunday. J
Have the most wonderful time :) . I board QM2 (again!) in the morning :) .

With all best wishes

(will they load extra breakfast stores onto QV on Sunday? ;) )

Edited by pepperrn

Have the most wonderful time :) . I board QM2 (again!) in the morning :) .

With all best wishes

(will they load extra breakfast stores onto QV on Sunday? ;) )

Thanks Pepper - and I hope you have a fantastic time on QM2.

My agents tell me that a convoy of black pudding trucks is approaching Soton Docks right now.

J

Thanks Pepper - and I hope you have a fantastic time on QM2.

My agents tell me that a convoy of black pudding trucks is approaching Soton Docks right now.

J

So again no storage space for clotted cream. Well, at least we know the cause now:D

Enjoy your trip, all breakfasts and Maria

Hi J,

Spot on! North Yorks v East Yorks. Unfortunately we did not survive the cuts and we only have Regimental Associations in our old Recruiting areas. It is a crying shame as we go back to 1688.

By the way our travelling companions are from York,

Best wishes

Dave

If you can get an inside photo of the cabin, that would be great.

Hi J,

Spot on! North Yorks v East Yorks. Unfortunately we did not survive the cuts and we only have Regimental Associations in our old Recruiting areas. It is a crying shame as we go back to 1688.

By the way our travelling companions are from York,

Best wishes

Dave

If you can get an inside photo of the cabin, that would be great.

No problem Dave - I should be embarking pretty early and I'll make a point of trying to get down there to get a photo before the new occupants turn up.

J

If anyone has any questions - and by that I mean questions that can only be answered by someone who is actually on board the ship - then post them on this thread and I will try to find answers for you.

J

Hi J,

Don't suppose you take a look at the spa services and see if they do nail extensions and infills please? I had these services on board before but I can't seem to find them on the spa menu. Sometimes there have been additional services on board, like waxing, that haven't been listed so it's worth a shot!

Thank you and hope you have a wonderful time!

Edited by bkecky

Hi J,

Don't suppose you take a look at the spa services and see if they do nail extensions and infills please? I had these services on board before but I can't seem to find them on the spa menu. Sometimes there have been additional services on board, like waxing, that haven't been listed so it's worth a shot!

Thank you and hope you have a wonderful time!

No problem - that sounds achievable and at least I don't have to go in the g*m to get an answer :D

J

But you could stop in for one of those waxing things.

Or if you really want to go above and beyond, there's a treatment entitled "Elemis Body Sculpting Cellulite and Colon Therapy". I have to say I'm intrigued as to what that's all about :D

J

2 Questions 1 can you see if the jewellery shop has any decent Silver bracelets ( the bangle type} not to chunky as my wife is thinking of getting one,2 Do you get the coffee card in the Café, Carinthia thanks for asking any questions.

Im off on that cruise to.. All packed and ready to go... Very excited.. I'm planning on doing a full photo review and journal of the cruise that I can post up.

Am teaching myself how to build a website, so I'll put it all on there after.. :)

Soooo excited to see norway and Iceland. Its been a lifelong dream to go to iceland.

Hope you have a great time as well cruachan.

fraser :)

J

Whilst I have cruised several times before I will be travelling on QV / Cunard for the 1st time in October for 3 nights & have the following questions: -

1) what time are the cabins normally ready?

2) how does disembarkation work ~ by that I mean can you select your own time? The reason for asking is that the day we return we're boarding RCI IOTS for 4 nights! So we will literally be 'jumping ship!'

3) I understand you do not have tea making facilities in your cabin but this can be ordered from room service. Any idea how this comes i.e. one cup or do they bring a pot etc

4) What are the sockets like on board; are they UK, American or a mixture of both.

Apologies for all the questions but you did very kindly volunteer :)

Thank you in advance & I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Joan

...Hope you have a great time as well cruachan.

fraser :)

Thanks Fraser,

stop and have a chat if you see me - you won't have any trouble recognising me. I'm the old fat ugly guy with a moustache and glasses, wandering around festooned with cameras! :D

J

Whilst I have cruised several times before I will be travelling on QV / Cunard for the 1st time in October for 3 nights & have the following questions: -

They are ready before embarkation commences so there will be no problem even if you turn up earlier than your assigned embarkation time.

2) how does disembarkation work ~ by that I mean can you select your own time? The reason for asking is that the day we return we're boarding RCI IOTS for 4 nights! So we will literally be 'jumping ship!'

Disembarkation depends on a number of factors including, but not limited to, your cabin number, whether you are grills or Britannia, your world club status etc etc. Generally speaking Grill passengers, those on higher decks, and those with Cunard transfers booked, disembark first. However, if you are prepared (and able) to carry all your luggage off the ship in a single lift then you can opt for "self disembarkation" which means you can go as soon as the ship is secure alongside.

3) I understand you do not have tea making facilities in your cabin but this can be ordered from room service. Any idea how this comes i.e. one cup or do they bring a pot etc

From memory - you get a pot of tea and one, or two cups depending on your requirements. You can also, if you wish and if the distance isn't prohibitive, always obtain fresh tea and coffee in the Lido which you can bring back to the cabin.

4) What are the sockets like on board; are they UK, American or a mixture of both.

Sockets are a mix of UK 3xPin and US 2xPin. The ship's electrical supply is 220v / 110v / 60Hz. For the sake of comparison the UK standard is 240v(40Hz).

Joan

Answers in red above.

J

2 Questions 1 can you see if the jewellery shop has any decent Silver bracelets ( the bangle type} not to chunky as my wife is thinking of getting one,2 Do you get the coffee card in the Café, Carinthia thanks for asking any questions.

I'll do my best for you, Zider.

J

Joan

1. Shortly after boarding.

2. Disembarkation is usually by deck, if you need to be off at a specific time you should speak to the Tour Desk who organise it.

3. It comes in a pot.

4. UK and European I think. There may be one US outlet

1. Shortly after boarding.

2. Disembarkation is usually by deck, if you need to be off at a specific time you should speak to the Tour Desk who organise it.

3. It comes in a pot.

4. UK and European I think. There may be one US outlet

Cap'n thanks for confirming that I got my answers more or less right - I'm hopeless at answering questions from memory (it's an age thing!).

Interested you say cabins are ready shortly after boarding. I've always found mine to be ready as soon as I arrive; but that's probably just because, since I managed to claw my way up the food chain to the dizzying heights of Platinum, I've never yet managed to set foot on the deck earlier than about an hour after my assigned boarding time. :D

J

Cap'n thanks for confirming that I got my answers more or less right - I'm hopeless at answering questions from memory (it's an age thing!).

Interested you say cabins are ready shortly after boarding. I've always found mine to be ready as soon as I arrive; but that's probably just because, since I managed to claw my way up the food chain to the dizzying heights of Platinum, I've never yet managed to set foot on the deck earlier than about an hour after my assigned boarding time. :D

J

Thank you both for taking the time to reply; the information is very useful.

Joan

I'm pretty sure the UK standard is 50 Hz.

There are two US outlets at the desk and an additional US outlet in the corner behind the flatscreen TV.

Oops - my bad. That was a typo. Just for the record it is 50Hz.

J