Sunset Verandah Size Question

B17

Can anyone tell me about the size of the balconies on the Sunset Verandahs - Reflection in particular (but I guess they are the same across the Solstice fleet)

I have found some good images of the back of the ship showing these cabins but can clearly see that the width of the balconies seem to vary considerably, even though they are all SV grade.

My question is this on 7315 8351 9305 for example the balconies appear much smaller - are they smaller than the regular balconies along the side of the ship.

Or is it just my eyes deceiving me because some of the others are a lot wider.

You are correct, some are wider. I had 7315 and it was small. There is a thread somewhere on here that will tell you which are wider, although be advised that none are even close to the size of the aft balconies on the M-class ships, AND its a forever walk to the elevators. We loved aft, but not so much on the S-class. (if you scored a sky suite, that WOULD be worth the walk IMHO) :)

I don't know, I think the same unless you book a hump/slant 1A. I will say, however, that on the S-class ships, there is so much outdoor public space to enjoy that we spent much less time on our balcony than we have on other trips. IMHO, I wouldn't book a sunset V again. In fact, I have a 1B on the hump booked next that has received rave reviews and is much less $$. I got the Captains Club upgrade and it is very reasonable. It all boils down to personal preference. I am using the saved $$ for a few trips to Murano and the Lawn Club Grill, as we LOVED those last time.

LOVED the 1B location!! What a difference. I am one of those people who's always in a hurry, even when I'm not, and being so close to midship was just a blessing to me. On our last cruise, I wasn't so lucky since I booked at the last minute and it made me appreciate the midship location even more.

We were in the FV on Solstice a few years ago and that walk just made me insane. Not that I can't use the exercise, but it just took forever to get anywhere. Super frustrating! To get to the buffet for a cup of coffee and back was 20 minutes round-trip!

We didnt have much choice as we booked late on a guarantee. I guess I would never have paid the extra $$ myself by choice for one. I love the hump cabins too, but am quite looking forward to trying a SV. Was just a bit worried that the balcony looked tiny compared to the others.

We were in 7366 on our recent Silhouette Adriatic cruise. What an amazing balcony! We were right in the middle of the aft area and had about 4 feet more space than a typical balcony. It was great for us! There is a thread on this board that has information on most of the balconies on S-Class ships. Just use the search thread function with the cabin number you want information on. One word of warning is I understand that Reflection/Silhouette aft balcony cabin numbers differ in size from the earlier S-class ships.

Also, many people find the trek all the way to the aft balconies to be an issue. We did not and the views as you leave ports and on sea days are well worth the extra steps for us.

We didnt have much choice as we booked late on a guarantee. I guess I would never have paid the extra $$ myself by choice for one. I love the hump cabins too, but am quite looking forward to trying a SV. Was just a bit worried that the balcony looked tiny compared to the others.

I got my aft (SV) balcony on Equinox the same way you did - "guarantee". I do not remember our cabin number, but I perceived that the width (left-right) was about the same as it would have been on a standard side balcony. The depth seemed a wee bit shallower than what we had found on side balconies. Celebrity may be willing to switch your cabin if another in the same category is available and you are not happy with the cabin you have been assigned.

You will find on these boards that there is a variety of opinions about SV cabins on the S-class ships - some love them, some dislike them or are indifferent to them. You will soon get the chance to see for yourself :)

Well after a little more digging, it seems that the image I was looking at where someone had numbered all the cabins on one of the earlier solstice class ships does not match the numbering on the Reflection.

I was working off this:

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h373/selmob/Eclipse%202012/SolsticeNumberedSternCabins.jpg

but it appears that 7315 on Reflection is the 2nd cabin in and not the third which in fact has a larger balcony after all.