Enchantment of the Seas ~ June 13th Weekend Bahamas Getaway

The new staterooms added in the 2005 stretch are those ending with 068 to 082 and 568 to 582, adding the deck # for the first digit. Also inside staterooms added are those ending in 877 to 881 on decks 3 and 4.

Lol....oh drats!!!

Traci

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the review. I'm enjoying the pictures especially.

I've been on the Enchantment before, but never for a 3-day cruise, which we are doing in a few months. Did you go to any of the evening entertainment? Did they do the Quest or Love&Marriage games?

I love CocoCay too. Such a relaxing day. I know they sometimes have to skip it if the weather isn't cooperating, but it looks like you had a wonderful day. :)

I didn't do any of the evening shows and such, but did attend Quest. I wish so badly someone had taken pictures. I was our team captain and we finished 2nd place. The quest was held on Sunday Night - Night 3 at 11pm and it was packed!

Thanks for the kind words about my review. :D

Michael

Good review. I need to get back on that ship. Question about your cabin. What was the room number and how was noise? (like noise from next door cabin or in the hallway?)

I had cabin 2136 and really loved the location without any problems of hallway noise. This was the first time I've stayed on Deck 2, as I always thought that deck was the "bad" deck. But I actually enjoyed it and very easy to get to cabin after getting back on, plus just two decks up to main floor.

I will note in January I was in cabin 4023 and it was the worst room I've ever had on a cruise. usually, I could really careless about the cabin, because I'm never in the room. It was very very small, could hear my connecting room all the time, and the anchor drop at 7am sunday morning in Coco Cay. I actually thought a bomb was going off the chains were so loud.

The key on Enchantment is to have a aft location since almost everything is center or aft.

Do you know when Desmond returns?

Thanks for the great review :)

I didn't get his return date, but I know he had only been gone for a week when I cruised. So by now he is two weeks into his holiday.

FANTASTIC review! I like your style .. your pics and commentary are just great!

I just did a trip report on my Explorer cruise a couple of weeks ago and had forgotten just how much work goes into putting these things together, embedding pics w/Photobucket, etc .. so ur efforts are greatly appreciated!!

You're also convincing me to give Enchantment a try. We did Monarch out of Port Canaveral twice and loved it. So I know this sounds weird but I just never was drawn to Enchantment .. purely based on her looks. I just never found her an attractive ship - externally, anyway.

Your pics and ur report on the ship, the crew, etc really are changing my mind .. I may just book her this coming Spring after all!

Thanks again for ur report!

WOW! Such kind words about my review. I am greatly appricative of them and it does take a little work to upload, edit, upload again, then post on here but I love sharing my vacation with my virtual friends!

The Enchantment is truly something special and does look different than the other vision class with the stretch. The only thing I wish it had was a pub because I love my craft beer.

I do think you should give her a try at least for the 3 day sailings. In the Fall I see $99 - $129 rates quite often, so I know I'll be back!

Michael

Our day in Coco Cay had come to an end...

I cannot express how much fun I had in coco cay. We had a group of around 25 that had mad friends and relaxed on the beach together.

We actually stayed on the Island until 4:30 and the last tender boat was waiting on us. We tender ride back was a little wild with people chanting their football teams, ect.

Pretty common for girls to take a bachelorette cruise and we ended up hanging out with them the whole weekend. And actually already went to visit some of them this weekend. I just love making friends on cruises and staying in touch and who knows maybe cruising together again sometime...

IMG_3645_zps2dbb5b33.jpg

After Coco Cay I think everyone from my Tender Boat ended up going up to the pool deck to soak up 1 or 2 more hours of sun. At this point it started to sink in that our cruise was coming to an end...

Thats ME!

10438957_2102050346944_1967036097159162391_n_zps43676940.jpg

This was on my friend's bed tonight. I'm not even sure how to comment on this one...

IMG_3694_zps1f819782.jpg

Well this wraps up my review on the Enchantment. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

IMG_3360_zps2dc0ecff.jpg

Any problems getting bar service with the drink package?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

The only problem I ran into was having to wait 5 minutes before you could get a drink from the last one. Which is typically not an issue, but I was playing Corn Hole (bean bag toss) on the pool deck and spilled my beer seconds after I got it, so went back for another and he said I have to wait. They have this rule in place to prevent people from sharing.

Also if I got a bottle of water + a drink (which was almost every other time) they would have me sign two $0.00 receipts.

I also saw quite a few people sharing the package.

Michael

Nice review and great pics of Coco Cay. I was on this cruise and indeed it was fabulous, as they all are to me:).

Thanks Nick! I'm glad you enjoyed the review and cruise. This was likely one of my favorite cruises, thus far.

Michael

When we were at Coco Cay a month ago they gave me the souvenir cup with my coco loco. I had the $55 package also. I assumed because it was $9 which is under the threshold. Wonder if I just got lucky?

I've used the heck out of that cup since we've been back. I've learned to make easy killer pina coladas. Puts me in my happy place. :D

Great review! Do you happen to have the cruise compass? 5 more days until we will be on her!

I'm sorry I don't have the compass. To be honest I never once looked at it! I just kinda went with the flow of things, I know it's crazy right?

I'm glad you enjoyed the review! Have a great cruise. She is a lot of fun.

Michael

Great review! We were on this sailing as well, one of those crazy Florida folk who worked half day and then drove to the port. I was thinking ParknCruise but because I was going to work Monday morning, I decided to park at the terminal. Of course, they raised the price to $20 per day - reep off. We did Chops the first night, taking advantage of the Buy One, get one free offer. To me the biggest surprise was the weather - it has been nasty in Orlando all week, but the weather was gorgeous from the time we got on the ship until get got off.

I am sure we will be on her again before our December Allure cruise. I am hoping to do Super Bowl weekend again - that was a blast!

Great review! Do you happen to have the cruise compass? 5 more days until we will be on her!

Here you go! My wife and I are scrapbookers (no comments) and so I have saved all of these from every cruise we have been on. Sorry about the low resolution, but CC has pretty tight standards on file size. Hope you can read and they help!

Day 1.PDF

Day 2.PDF

Day 3.PDF

Sorry - not trying to hijack your thread. The entertainer on the second night, Adam Kario, was really good, but I had the feeling I had seen him before. Sure enough, he was on our 3 night Liberty Cruise in October 2010, and I was the guy he called up on stage.

<a href=PA300298_zps60d9e6ff.jpg' alt='PA300298_

Edited by sonvoltken6

Here you go! My wife and I are scrapbookers (no comments) and so I have saved all of these from every cruise we have been on. Sorry about the low resolution, but CC has pretty tight standards on file size. Hope you can read and they help!

Thank you for posting the cruise compass' these are always fun to look at while planning your upcoming cruise.

Did the MDR have escargot and lobster any nights? When u were at Coco Cay....did u glance at the cabanas...were they far away from the beaches? The snorkeling area is for everyone right? The cruise planner have prices to snorkel....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did the MDR have escargot and lobster any nights? When u were at Coco Cay....did u glance at the cabanas...were they far away from the beaches? The snorkeling area is for everyone right? The cruise planner have prices to snorkel....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They did not have lobster which I was kinda sad about.

the cabanas are right by the water, but you can't swim there due to all the rocks. I believe it's $30 to snorkel all day.

IMG_2550_zpsea1fe068.jpg

IMG_2564_zpsbd00bb97.jpg

Edited by mpoole3