Flights-cruise beginning in Quebec

I am looking at booking a cruise that goes from Quebec to Fort Lauderdale.

Should I fly into Montreal and transit (how?) to Quebec, or fly directly to Quebec (which appears to be served by smaller aircraft)?

Your suggestions are appreciated :D

If you can get a flight to YQB I would do it

If you have to fly to Montreal (YUL) You can rent a car & drive to Quebec City

There is a bus I think from the airport or take the train ..check VIARAIL for schedules

We are booked on the Legend of the Seas this November Quebec to Ft Lauderdale.

We spent a lot of time researching. There are no direct flights from San Diego to either Montreal or Quebec. We have limited vacation time and want as stress free a trip as possible. We were able to find a flight to Quebec with just one plane change. Most had two changes. We're on United through Chicago.

Pretty much all flights we found into Quebec are regionals.

We looked at car rentals and the train and decided we didn't need the hassle.

Is our cruise the one you're considering? We have an active roll-call. :)

I am looking at booking a cruise that goes from Quebec to Fort Lauderdale.

Should I fly into Montreal and transit (how?) to Quebec, or fly directly to Quebec (which appears to be served by smaller aircraft)?

Your suggestions are appreciated :D

It's all a matter of choice. Flying into YUL gives you more choices and can be cheaper, although you need to check this as I've sometimes seen near-identical pricing out of both.

If you do fly into YUL, there's a direct bus service from the airport to Québec City (Gare du Palais, exactly where you'd be arriving if taking the train but you need to transfer from YUL to the train station downtown for this). Cost is I think $60/person or so, so if your ticket price difference is less than this there's no advantage.

Personally, it would have to be a big difference in price for me to not fly directly into YQB. Yes, most planes are smaller, but it's a lovely, small airport to arrive at, very user friendly.

Thank you for all of the responses.:D

I will be sailing on the Ruby Princess from Quebec to Fort Lauderdale beginning 10/22. I booked air directly into Quebec (well indirectly---Sacramento to Chicago, then Chicago to Quebec (Quebec City-YQB)... Pre-cruise night at Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac.

Am on the roll call

For people who are wondering which airlines fly out of Québec City to USA, here is the airport web page:

http://www.aeroportdequebec.com/en/flights/destinations-from-quebec-city/united-states/

I fly quite a bit and I found this search engine (not a TA) quite helpful (and it doesn’t charge a commission)

http://www.skyscanner.com/?_ga=1.21317880.218660786.1403364050