Thermal Suite (spa) Pass

R&S

I am looking for information on purchasing the Thermal Suite Pass. (I hope I am using the right name for it...) I have read where Princess has a pass for the cruise that grants you access to the heated tile loungers among other things.

I am wondering if you can pre-purchase the access or do you do it once on board? What does it include? Finally, is it available on all ships. Right now we are booked on the Emerald and the Coral.

I appreciate any replies.

Enjoy your cruise,

I’ve never heard of a Thermal Suite “pass”, but, you can purchase access to the Thermal Suite at the Spa desk – once you have boarded the ship. There are limited numbers of passengers who will be able to purchase the Suite – maybe 50 (not including full suite passengers). You can get free access if you are booked into a full suite (not a mini-suite). Cost differs based on the ship and the length of cruise. Generally about $80 to $150 per person. We’ve purchased the Thermal Suite on about half of our Princess cruises, but did not on the Trans Atlantic on the Royal as it was $200 per person (a bit steep!). The Thermal Suite is open daily from about 9 am to 10 pm, and you can use it as often as you desire. It is very comfortable, and will put you right to sleep (thermal beds) or you can use the multi-head showers and multiple saunas.

I’ve seen people sneak down there for free, but usually the spa staff is pretty good about maintaining the limited numbers of folks authorized and monitoring the people in the Thermal Suite.

It is not available on every ship. I thoroughly enjoy it. You may want to take a swim suit, even if it is not a warm weather cruise. I also take a pair of flip flops.

You can sign up on your first day and they will put a sticker on your key card.

When you check in at the Lotus Spa, they will take your key card and give you a very thick terry cloth robe. There are changing rooms with lockers if you need it (take a minute to read the lock instructions ... they can be a little confusing). There is a tile (not wood) dry sauna, a steam room, an aroma therapy steam room (not usually as hot as the regular steam room), the heated tile loungers and various showers (mist shower, rain shower, etc.). And there are plenty of thick towels to use. It's very relaxing.

On our 10-Day Southern Caribbean on The Emerald this past March the cost was $129 ea (They said they were running a special). DH really loves the tile beds and I liked the dry sauna as it wasn't too hot.

The only drawback was there was no Hydro-therapy pool.

We used it at all hours; morning noon, and night. The busiest times seemed to be around 4-5PM and the last night of our cruise, but most of the time it was very tranquil.

I attached a photo of the heated tile beds

DSCF4184.jpg.49e50de658a3583045e6d2c76ecbc76c.jpg

• 4 months later...

FYI, tiled loungers on the Royal are not heated. I specifically asked this during the embarkation spa tour. I don't think laying on cold tiled chairs is very relaxing.

I also prefer facilities with windows. The Royal's thermal suite was interior and very dark in my opinion.

Cost was $199 per person for our 7 day cruise last month or $179 if you booked the first day. Too pricey in my opinion.

FYI, tiled loungers on the Royal are not heated. I specifically asked this during the embarkation spa tour. I don't think laying on cold tiled chairs is very relaxing.

I also prefer facilities with windows. The Royal's thermal suite was interior and very dark in my opinion.

Cost was $199 per person for our 7 day cruise last month or $179 if you booked the first day. Too pricey in my opinion.

Bought the week pass on the Royal last December. Same price as above. Tiled stone beds are indeed heated. I loved the 'pseudo' Hammam steam room. I got my money's worth, but DW preferred the sun deck!! It was never crowded when I was there.

Paul

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The Royal and Regal have the Enclave with the hydrotherapy pool. Cost for our 12 day Grand Med cruise was $229/person. The Star, Coral, Island, Diamond, Sapphire, Caribbean, Crown, Emerald and Ruby have the Thermal Suite which only includes the various steam rooms and the heated tile loungers. We once paid $100/person for a 7 day cruise and another time there was a special of $130/couple for a 7 day cruise.

The Lap Pool/Lotus Spa Pool adjacent to the Lotus Spa is an adults only pool open to everyone with no charge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app