Interesting things overheard on latest Celebrity Cruise

timbo89

Yeah, I had to laugh when I read this -- when I went to live in Senegal, West Africa, in college, my dear mother was in a panic for my safety because there was civil unrest in Kenya!

Still, if you meet someone from anywhere, it can't hurt to ask if they know your buddy -- what if they actually did?? Could happen... :rolleyes:

How true! We were in a hot tub on a Princess Mexican coastal cruise and, during a delightful conversation, found out that our tubmate went to school with and continues to be best friends with someone who lives 3 houses away from us (as you can see from my profile we are from Ontario, Canada)! Definitely a small world. :)

It's probably also true that a cruise ship will struggle to maintain course once the fuel tanks are empty. Can we get back to the subject.

Umm, what was the subject, again? I ferget. ;)

Edited by SeagoingMom

While at a cruise stop in Cozumel we were having drinks at an outside bar located at the cruise port. The bartender was in a great mood and cutting up with everyone. After a woman receives her Pina Colada, she asks the bartender " This is made with american ice?" to which the bartender reply's " Yes ma'am, we have it shipped in daily!" It sure had an effect on his mood.

The Celebrity excursion to Mt. Dalsnibba had people who started screaming hysterically when the bus started to ascend the hairpin curves and it had to turn back and let them off. One wonders how they thought they were going to get to the top of that very high mountain. Fortunately, we were on a private excursion and missed the drama.

I don't recall any place to turn around on the way to the top. THAT would be scary! We also took a private excursion and had no problems.

"....oh, gosh there's so many crooks and nannies" ... I think she meant nooks and crannies......

Overheard (all too often) at the martini bar... "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy" ...I know I meant it. :D

Overheard (all too often) at the martini bar... "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy" ...I know I meant it. :D

Lol! Ok you've caught me out ...I fess up - yes it was me.... and I love the Martini bar - however on that occasion, I was by the passport bar when I said 'crooks and nannies" - and, would you believe, yet to have drink :D (I put it down to a blonde moment...):p

Edited by Embrace

one time on a Caribbean cruise my wife was shopping in St Thomas - when she asked the price of an item the guy said "$15"...she said "it was only $10 in St Maarten yesterday"...His reply: "so madam...you are going back to St Maarten?"

priceless...