Shareholder obc combinable with BOGOH?

OP here. In the event I didn't book bogoh as my ta had a group booking with lower prices AND I found an old future cruise cert which gave me the obc on a balcony cabin:)

Can't get much better than that!:)

Just wanted everyone to know that YES! you can use your stockholders OBC on the BOGOHO sale. I just had mine applied. The process was easy, but neither my TA nor customer service knew the answer before I sent it in. :eek:

I'm glad you got it. Did you have any C&A balcony discount in your fare or was it just a straight BOGOHO?

Just booked this week and I got my balcony discount on top of the BOGOHO promo.

The thing I couldn't use was the BOA card points redemption. They said no to the companion fare (which I figured because of the difference in pricing between passengers) But can't believe that I can't even redeem points to take $$ off the balance I owe.

Has anyone tried this after booking the BOGOHO??

She did tell me if I wanted to redeem 75000 points and get $750 in OBC I could. and then any unused OBC would be credited back to my credit card after the cruise.

While that is still getting the money, all that OBC sitting there during the cruise makes it really easy to just charge, charge, charge. Which I'm sure is what RCI is hoping for!!!

I have been told OBC only with any BOGOHO reservations. I don't see why you can't use it for $$ off the cruise either- Yes you will be refunded for any unused OBC-

Edited by molly361

I don't expect to hear anything back until next week. It's after 5 pm on a Friday in Miami. I did get an automatic response saying they got my email and would deal with it in the order received.

SeaUs - thanks for your feedback. You're the first person who has actually reported getting it applied to a BOGOHO reservation. You've given me hope!

I thought I would update everyone with where I stand as I inch through this process.

I emailed Shareholder benefits and asked them if the benefit could be used with the current BOGOHO offer. The reply was "The stock holder benefit may not be used with any other discount and/or onboard credit offer" which is kind of a nonanswer answer to a very specific question.

Since many folks have posted that they got the shareholder benefit with the BOGOHO, I decided to call C&A to see what their response was. They apparently have a spredsheet showing what is combinable and the rep did indeed confirm that the BOGOHO and shareholder are combinable. Kudos to Ellen for her assistance on this.

So I have faxed the paperwork for the non-WOW cruises to shareholder benefits to see what happens. If that is OK, the next step will be to have C&A remove the WOW OBC so I can use the shareholder OBC on the WOW cruises.

Now I know why I never booked the WOW sales before!! Way too much work to get rid of the OBC.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to know I booked a BOGOHO sale and was going to buy some shares again. The last time I sailed RCL I got the OBC and I made 36% of on my shares. The cruise ended up costing me something like $170.00 :D