For those who had visits from the upgrade fairy...

midwestchick

I just made final payment on our cruises and I asked my TA to put down that I did not want any upgrades because I do not want to be on deck 8. He said they don't automatically change your cabin and told me they would notify him of any upgrade and then I would have 2 days to decide.....also said they could not just change your cabin without your permission.

For those of you that experienced upgrades to a suite, were you informed ahead of time?

No, we weren't asked. I just noticed a different room number on our booking summary a couple of weeks before the cruise. I had already printed out the edocs and got our luggage labels with the old room number so I just printed it out again. We didn't ask anyone about it, nor did anyone ever tell us we had been upgraded. We were really pleased though and loved the room.

No, we weren't asked. I just noticed a different room number on our booking summary a couple of weeks before the cruise. I had already printed out the edocs and got our luggage labels with the old room number so I just printed it out again. We didn't ask anyone about it, nor did anyone ever tell us we had been upgraded. We were really pleased though and loved the room.

I did not book a gty cabin...I chose my cabin number...does that make a difference?

Not sure, but we didn't have a guarantee cabin that time - we had chosen a specific number. We never did find out why we had been upgraded - we assumed they had demand for balcony cabins.

Not sure, but we didn't have a guarantee cabin that time - we had chosen a specific number. We never did find out why we had been upgraded - we assumed they had demand for balcony cabins.

I know there are no balcony cabins left on our Sept. 20 sailing due to the double upgrade offer they had when we booked.

Edited by midwestchick

I know there are no balcony cabins left on our Sept. 20 sailing due to the double upgrade offer they had when we booked.

I would relax and expect to be in the cabin you booked

We were not notified....and we were thrilled...we had ZERO issue with being on the eighth floor...the extra room in the bathroom is worth,it...plus the free dining was nice....and i swear we got more ship board credit

I have never been upgraded on Azamara. I have been upgraded on other lines and often in hotels. I tend to stay at hotels that have upgraded me on previous trips. I am especially loyal to 2 major chains. They usually upgrade and/or provide some nice comp. some cruise lines have also provided an unexpected perk like a free spa pass, free excursion, or a comp at a specialty restaurant. The unexpected comps are often what brings me back. I got an email from a person on my roll all that got upgraded from a cat. 8 to a V3. Nice. I keep hoping my time will come on Azamara. Someday.....a suite? Maybe it will happen. If not, I will still enjoy my cruise. You can't stop me from hoping.