teens on celebrity cruise

summeristhebest

Hi! I have two teenage daughters and we will be traveling on Celebrity in August. We normally travel with Norwegian. It is our first time with Celebrity and I just wanted to know what they have for teens during the cruise! We will be taking the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda. :)

We did the same cruise in August of 2012 and had a fantastic time. My son was 12 at the time and he thoroughly enjoyed the ship. The youth program was active, Qsine was a big hit with him.

In Bermuda we did a ship tour that included the zoo and aquarium. We enjoyed it. Another day we did the Dolphin Encounter, which is conveniently located at the end of the wharf where you dock. I have mixed feelings about this. The dolphins were great fun but the enclosure is really small and that made me depressed about it.

My son's favorite thing was snorkling and there are lots of tours right from the dock that you can sign up for or do a ship sponsored excursion.

It was relaxing being there for two full days. Bermuda is a lovely island. The shuttle from the wharf to Hamilton is smooth as silk and easy to use.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

My DW and I just returned from a Celebrity cruise to Alaska on the Solstice. One evening I happened to get on an elevator with two young men (about 14 years old each). I asked them if Celebrity had good programs on board for people their age and if they were enjoying the cruise. They were both very enthusiastic in their affirmative responses. I didn't ask about particular activities, but they were surely having a good time on the ship.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

My DW and I just returned from a Celebrity cruise to Alaska on the Solstice. One evening I happened to get on an elevator with two young men (about 14 years old each). I asked them if Celebrity had good programs on board for people their age and if they were enjoying the cruise. They were both very enthusiastic in their affirmative responses. I didn't ask about particular activities, but they were surely having a good time on the ship.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

Thanks for this comment! Nice to hear. We are doing Solstice to Alaska Aug 1 with 15 yr old daughter and 13 yr old son and we are all hoping they have a blast! :)

Schools on the East coast do not start up in Early August. There will be tons of kids on the cruise. Two summers ago I did the cruise the August 12-19th and it was packed with kids. Most NE and MidAtlantic Schools start at the end of August or after Labor Day. The OP is sailing on August 3, 2014 and 90% of the passengers come from the Mid-atlantic and Northeast. Be prepared for lots of people around the pool. It was so crowded, I never could find a chair by the pool and gave up. Otherwise, it was a great cruise and even though the ship was crowded, everyone was in a good mood.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

We have sailed last year (Silhouette-Caribbean) and earlier this month (Summit-Bermuda) with our 15-year-old twins (B/G). They LOVED both cruises. I read here on CC to make sure they go to the X Club (what they call the teen area) the first night (I think 7 p.m.). That way, everyone is new and no groups have formed yet. They do a lot of fun getting-to-know-you kind of things throughout the cruise, but especially on the first night.

Some of the activities are scavenger hunts, dances, teen karaoke, teen swim times, ping-pong, games, x-box games, making videos.

They have so much fun meeting new people and eating non-stop! Also, the counselors in the teen area are pretty amazing. They really do a good job of making the activities fun and appealing to teens.

We have sailed last year (Silhouette-Caribbean) and earlier this month (Summit-Bermuda) with our 15-year-old twins (B/G). They LOVED both cruises. I read here on CC to make sure they go to the X Club (what they call the teen area) the first night (I think 7 p.m.). That way, everyone is new and no groups have formed yet. They do a lot of fun getting-to-know-you kind of things throughout the cruise, but especially on the first night.

Some of the activities are scavenger hunts, dances, teen karaoke, teen swim times, ping-pong, games, x-box games, making videos.

They have so much fun meeting new people and eating non-stop! Also, the counselors in the teen area are pretty amazing. They really do a good job of making the activities fun and appealing to teens.

Thanks so much! Thats great to hear! Do you know how late the teen club stays open? On Norwegian it was 1am I was wondering if it was the same?!

I'm not sure how late the X club itself is open, but most activities end around 1 PM. For example, there was teen karaoke several nights that started at midnight. We generally had a curfew for the kids of 12:30.