Will Celebrity Cruises show FIFA World Cup Final onboard the cruise.

eurotraveller1

Typically for major US sporting events (such as the Super Bowl mentioned by cruiserone) they not only show the games, but provide snacks (eg hot dogs etc). IMO the World Cup is attracting more interest in the US than ever before, and if the Solstice can get a satellite feed (which they should be able to do on the Alaska run) I can't imagine they would not show the finals of the world's largest sporting event (as well as a number of the lead in games).

If my time zone calculations are correct the finals will start at 11am in Ketchikan, where you will be on 13 July. So another option would be to see if a bar in town is showing the game (but I can't speak to futbol excitement in Alaska).

Thom

Hi,

Here's a copy of an earlier Press Release from Celebrity...they are showing ALL the World Cup games:

Celebrity Cruises Guests 'Score' Opportunity To See This Summer's Most Popular Sporting Event While At Sea

Email

MARCH 07, 2014

Celebrity Cruises’ modern luxury vacations will showcase this summer’s most highly anticipated sporting event, the 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilÔ. Guests vacationing on board one of Celebrity’s state-of-the-art ships sailing in Alaska, Bermuda or Europe can enjoy broadcasts of the world-renowned soccer tournament from beginning to end for a total of 64 matches between more than 30 competing national teams taking place June 12-July 13, 2014.

In addition to indulging in Celebrity’s signature luxury offerings, from award-winning cuisine and impeccable service to immersive onboard programming and rejuvenating downtime in one of 10 new Canyon Ranch SpaClub® at Sea facilities, guests can watch the thrilling international competition from the comfort of their spacious, beautifully designed stateroom or an upscale onboard venue along with fellow vacationers.

Beyond airing the full international tournament, Celebrity offers more ways for families and friends planning their summer vacations to join the festivities. Guests can enjoy a menu of soccer-themed CelebrityLife℠ Activities, including a lineup of highly interactive video game tournaments, viewing parties, challenges and more for fans of all ages.

Enjoy

Woody

Here's a copy of an earlier Press Release from Celebrity...enjoy broadcasts of the world-renowned soccer tournament from beginning to end for a total of 64 matches between more than 30 competing national teams...
I guess Celebrity had three PR people who kept their shoes on and ran out of fingers at 30. Wouldn't it be a lot easier and more precise to say 32 national teams. Celebrity's PR announcements seem to get more and more verbose and tedious.

{This is in no way a complaint toward Woody for posting the actual confirmation that the games would be shown}

I guess Celebrity had three PR people who kept their shoes on and ran out of fingers at 30. Wouldn't it be a lot easier and more precise to say 32 national teams. Celebrity's PR announcements seem to get more and more verbose and tedious.

{This is in no way a complaint toward Woody for posting the actual confirmation that the games would be shown}

Seems like you are really hunting for something to complain about. What is so terrible about Celebrity saying "more than 30"? Instead of 32? You are probably the only one that even noticed for gosh sakes:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

...What is so terrible about Celebrity saying "more than 30"? Instead of 32?...
It is not just this press release. I guess I've gotten fed up with it seeming like every press release RCCL puts out uses more and more words to say less and less. As Sgt. Joe Friday would say "Just the facts".

Seems like you are really hunting for something to complain about. What is so terrible about Celebrity saying "more than 30"? Instead of 32? You are probably the only one that even noticed for gosh sakes:)

Some people like negativity:rolleyes: more than 30 or 32 exact pretty much comes to the same;)

Hunting for sure, on RCCL with respect to Ice Show Tickets, so much negativity too from the poster. Even had a light hearted response of mine removed because he was getting too excited.

Happy Days!

Keep calm and carry on cruising.

Just realised the final will show at 8.30pm. We depart at 8pm so I'm thinking this will be a perfect end to a wonderful day.

We are going to be in Rome the night of the final game, and will be boarding the Reflection the next day. Can't wait!!:)