Lunch on day of embarkation

Squirty27

I may miss one (or some) but I know the buffet, the grill near the arcade, and the Haven restaurant are open. The MDR may be as well. We ate at the grill last summer and it was very nice. Sorry I can't remember the exact name at the moment!

Happy sailing!

I may miss one (or some) but I know the buffet, the grill near the arcade, and the Haven restaurant are open. The MDR may be as well. We ate at the grill last summer and it was very nice. Sorry I can't remember the exact name at the moment!

Happy sailing!

Uptown Grille?

Buffet- that's where the staff will send you to

Uptown Grill-sandwichs, pasta, meatballs-quiet area

O'Sheeans- very good pub food

main dining room-great relaxing way to start cruise

Safe sailing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The buffet is usually mobbed on embarkation day. I always recommend people go to the MDR, which on Breakaway will be either Taste or Savor. This is where I prefer to go; it is usually calm and quiet and I can find something I'd like to eat.

Uptown Grille is on the deck above the buffet, so if you need to escape it is a good spot. I liked the corned beef.

Also ... if it's a nice day with the pools open ... we like to carry on swimsuits for the family ... and stay poolside in the afternoon ... then hit the aforementioned Garden Cafe or Uptown Grill ... for a quick lunch whenever they want :p

But ... if pools are not open ... then we always try the MDR (Taste/Savor) for a nice sit down meal ... although service may be slow at times. Or if it's too crowded there ... we'll go to O'Sheehans ... where you can have lunch in the sit down area ... or across the way in the bar area hi-tops too ;)

But ... if pools are not open ... then we always try the MDR (Taste/Savor) for a nice sit down meal ... although service may be slow at times. Or if it's too crowded there ... we'll go to O'Sheehans ... where you can have lunch in the sit down area ... or across the way in the bar area hi-tops too ;)

The MDR can sometimes be a little slow... but after all the stress that embarkation day can have, it's nice to sit still in a calm, quiet place and know that you can no longer miss the boat and that vacation has started. I'm rarely in a hurry at that point.

The MDR can sometimes be a little slow... but after all the stress that embarkation day can have, it's nice to sit still in a calm, quiet place and know that you can no longer miss the boat and that vacation has started. I'm rarely in a hurry at that point.

Totally agreed ... to avoid the buffet at all costs ... I usually drag the family to the MDR for lunch ... mostly due to the uncooperative weather leaving from here in the Northeast ...

... but DH likes to complain it's taking too long for him to get the cabin for his *customary* afternoon siesta before the life boat drill ;)