Off Topic--Quick Help Please

lovetotraveltx

Have 2 great trips coming up (Hawaii and Alaska) and looking for a more advanced point and shoot, that is light, easy and takes great photos.

Have been comparing several brands. Saw a great price and good reviews on the Nikon Coolpix L830.

Does anyone have any personal experience with this particular camera?

Have also posted this on the camera thread.

Thank you!

Hi

Don't know if this will help but DD has a Nikon Coolpix L120 that she's had for a couple years and LOVES it. It takes great pictures, has a good zoom and she has really enjoyed it. She likes the fact that you can use batteries instead of a rechargeable one because you can get batteries anywhere and you can't always recharge your camera anywhere! Hope this helps you!

Not to change the subject, but I disagree with you Camella. We used as point and shoot Canon SureShot which used batteries and it was a continual drain, especially if you are using the flash and/or zooming a lot. yes batteries are available anywhere, but the good batteries aren't cheap. If you go that way, buy rechargeable ones and a few sets. yes the initial outlay is a bit large, but in the long run, it helps a great deal. Now we have a camera with a rechargeable batter and I bought an extra battery on eBay for under $10.00. These batteries can take countless pixs and when one is done, I pop the next one in and recharge the first.

personally, I will NEVER buy another camera that uses regular batteries. Just my choice. if it worked for you or others, so be it.

Cheers

Len

I have the Nikon Coolpix L820 which looks like the L830. It is great in low light using no flash. The hardest thing for me is no viewfinder. Looking at the screen for a photo moment in the sun is like looking at an iPhone screen. Hard for me to see and just hoping my aim is correct. I have not taken 500+ photos yet. Still on the same batteries with a package in the case. Bottom line is I like it so far!

Sony HX50. It is compact and has a 30X zoom. We used the HX20 last year. The zoom was only 20X but it was great. Upgraded this year for the better zoom.

IMHO - regular batteries are not an option. We've never had a problem with the Sony rechargeable batteries. We bring an extra one and charge both at night. Five hours in Tracy Arm Fjord and another 5 on whale watching with Harv and Marv plus other shots and we never needed the 2nd battery.

Regular batteries are heavier, bulkier, limited and also can't be good for the environment.