Ending Epic sailing in Civitavecchia

#4'smom

I am wondering what time disembarkation starts in Civitavecchia for people finishing their cruise in this port?

We are training to Venice after this cruise and I am having troubles deciding what time to book the train tickets for. Any help would be appreciated

Edited by #4'smom

I am wondering what time disembarkation starts in Civitavecchia for people finishing their cruise in this port?

We are training to Venice after this cruise and I am having troubles deciding what time to book the train tickets for. Any help would be appreciated

Should be printed on your ticket/itinerary. Assuming you do easy walk off you should be off in short order immediately after. There is a shuttle bus operated by the port that takes you to the gate entrance to the port and it is a short walk to the train station.

Should be printed on your ticket/itinerary. Assuming you do easy walk off you should be off in short order immediately after. There is a shuttle bus operated by the port that takes you to the gate entrance to the port and it is a short walk to the train station.

Just be aware that there could be lines to catch the shuttle to the train station. You have to get on a shuttle once you get off the ship and it will drop you off outside the port and then you have to catch another shuttle to go to the train station. The line was about 20 minutes and we wind up walking to the train station. Of course we didn't have any luggage since we were getting back on the ship. There is a cost for the shuttle to the train station but can't remember the cost.

We just got off the Epic on Sunday. It was very easy disembarkment. I heard that over 3000 get off in Barcelona and 1000 in Rome. So it should be a quick process.

We walked off the ship last month at 9 am after breakfast - the queue for the shuttle was huge - we ended up walking to the train station with luggage (an easy walk) in about 20 mins with a slow 9 year old pulling her own case!

:rolleyes:

I had the same concerns that you have. We also are taking the train from Rome to Venice. I booked the 10:50 AM train. I had thought we'd take the noon train, but the cheap seats were not available. My plan is to be off the ship by 8AM and am allowing two hours to get from the Epic to Termini station. I hope this all comes together. Our traveling group (DH, sister and BIL) all like to be early so I'm guessing if we can get off the ship earlier, we will do that. If for some reason things are running late - I can't let myself think about that! I tend to worry and overanalyze everything, and things always work out for us. Hopefully this will too.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful information. I was wondering how the luggage is organized for disembarking in Rome. Do you hang onto it in your cabin and carry it off yourself?