Basic Oceanview or an Interior with French Doors on the Carnival Pride

wrigley80

We are going to book a last minute cruise on the Carnival Pride leaving on July 27th. What kind of cabin would be a better fit??

We've had an Oceanview in the past but never had a cabin with French Doors. It would be me, my mom, and dad all going.

Any help is appreciated

We are going to book a last minute cruise on the Carnival Pride leaving on July 27th. What kind of cabin would be a better fit??

We've had an Oceanview in the past but never had a cabin with French Doors. It would be me, my mom, and dad all going.

Any help is appreciated

Try to get a 4K in between the lifeboats. You won't be able to go out, but the doors open and you can see out.

Try to get a 4K in between the lifeboats. You won't be able to go out, but the doors open and you can see out.

Since the cruise is last minute there aren't any 4K's in between the lifeboats....only a few cabins directly behind the lifeboats.

I'm thinking the French Doors would be nice to open to see what the weather is like

We're "fans" of the 4Ks..that'd be my choice over an ocean view. I think most ocean view cabins on Pride are on deck 1....so we like the 4K's being on the higher deck...plus opening the doors is a nice option to have...can see some ocean..hear it as well!! I'm surprised any 4K's are available this close to the sail date. We're booked on the Pride in September and next March and 4K's right now are sold out for both cruises.

But, we're you thinking your folks and you would share a cabin? If so, a 4K may not work as I'm pretty sure those have a max occupancy of 2 guests.

We're "fans" of the 4Ks..that'd be my choice over an ocean view. I think most ocean view cabins on Pride are on deck 1....so we like the 4K's being on the higher deck...plus opening the doors is a nice option to have...can see some ocean..hear it as well!! I'm surprised any 4K's are available this close to the sail date. We're booked on the Pride in September and next March and 4K's right now are sold out for both cruises.

But, we're you thinking your folks and you would share a cabin? If so, a 4K may not work as I'm pretty sure those have a max occupancy of 2 guests.

OP: A 4K would be my first choice ! Love these cabins.

@ bar1068...there are some quad occupancy 4K's (4130, 4131, 4135, 4198, 4199), and some triple occupancy 4K's (4124, 4125, 4126, 4127, 4150, 4151, 4154, 4155, 4194, 4195).

Note though, that all of the cabins listed here are not between lifeboats, however, fresh air, a higher deck and natural light far outweigh an OV on a lower deck IMO.

Have a great cruise !

I just got off the pride and had cabin 4198 French door. I like the ocean view better. Yes you can open the door, but you really get no view because of the lifeboat. I enjoy the better view with the ocean view cabin.

@ bar1068...there are some quad occupancy 4K's (4130, 4131, 4135, 4198, 4199), and some triple occupancy 4K's (4124, 4125, 4126, 4127, 4150, 4151, 4154, 4155, 4194, 4195).

Note though, that all of the cabins listed here are not between lifeboats, however, fresh air, a higher deck and natural light far outweigh an OV on a lower deck IMO.

Have a great cruise !

Oooppss.....my bad...guess I've not stayed in enough of those 4K's....or checked enough of them on the deck plans!! Do like those cabins though.

French Doors!!! I had one with a lifeboat, you can still look down and see water, also you get fresh air. Neat that your Mom is going, I mean no harm in saying this, i hope she does not get in the way of you and your Dad's shenanigans. :D

(Pride 4142)

PRIDE080-vi.jpg

Edited by Danacat222

Have a great cruise !

Totally agree with you on the bolded. Have you ever stayed in a quad 4K by the way?

Hey Wrigley I see you're off again! You sneaky thing you!! Is dad going? Awesome! Thinking about the Pride for next year:)

French Doors!!! I had one with a lifeboat, you can still look down and see water, also you get fresh air. Neat that your Mom is going, I mean no harm in saying this, i hope she does not get in the way of you and your Dad's shenanigans. :D

(Pride 4142)

PRIDE080-vi.jpg

HAHA.....thank you. It is my mom and dad's 37th Wedding Anniversary so my dad and I are going to surprise her with a cruise :p Sounds like a great gift idea to me ;) I'm sure that my dad and I will get into enough shenanigans even with my mom along

Get the French door. Then come back and do a review. We have one booked for the Miracle in December. I would love to get your take on them!

I will be doing a photo review either way.....hopefully we are able to book the French Door cabin

Totally agree with you on the bolded. Have you ever stayed in a quad 4K by the way?

Hey Wrigley I see you're off again! You sneaky thing you!! Is dad going? Awesome! Thinking about the Pride for next year:)

Yes we are off again. This cruise is for my mom and dad's anniversary. Last week my dad said that he would like to take my somewhere for their anniversary and since he doesn't drive and my mom doesn't like driving on interstates......a cruise seemed like the perfect option for us ;) I got a great rate for this cruise as a Last Minute Travel Agent Rate

Definitely a 4k. Even if there is a lifeboat in front of your cabin, you can still see the water while lying in bed. Water is about all you can see out an Oceanview anyways. You can get fresh air with the opening of the French doors.:)

Definitely a 4k. Even if there is a lifeboat in front of your cabin, you can still see the water while lying in bed. Water is about all you can see out an Oceanview anyways. You can get fresh air with the opening of the French doors.:)

Thank You. It sounds like a French Door cabin is the way to go

My wife and I had a 4K room on Legend T/A. It is a really good deal. For a small increase over an inside room you get a room with natural light. However, I think the the term French Doors is more a marketing ploy, rather than an actual description. If you look at the photo you will notice the door is part of the hull of the ship. It is VERY heavy, and does not stay open by itself. You will need to do something to prop the door ajar. Still, IMHO it is the best deal on this class of ship,

Hello,

Just learning about this class of cabin. I understand there is no balcony area to fit chairs but you can stand out there & look out (if in the perfect spot) or down at water? This might be a new alternative my friends who usually only book inside rooms.