Flights into FLL

kenholt

Good Day, has anyone who has flown into FLL the day of there cruise and have carried water or soda with you on the plan. Please tell me how it was done. Or what not to do. Thanks in advance.

You can not carry water or soda, anything over 3 1/2 ounces-have to check it. If you are coming in the day before, you probably get it near your hotel. If same day, you can have the taxi driver stop on way to port. Hope that helps!

The hassle and cost of hauling soda and water cases on an airplane will probably outweigh the savings.

Remember, you can't take that much liquid through security, so taking it as a carry on is out of the question.

If you check your soda, most airlines charge $25-$30 to check a bag. On those airlines that don't charge you to check a bag, you may still pay overweight charges (and a case of water or soda is not necessarily light).

And if you still choose to bring soda as checked luggage, there's a HUGE chance that it will not make it in one piece to your final destination. A case of soda is not sturdy enough to travel as checked luggage. It will probably be destroyed. Trust me. I work for the airlines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you're going on the Breeze out Miami, there's CVS and other stores near the port of Miami for soda, water, juice or wine. If you're taking a private shuttle, you can make arrangements with them ahead of time to stop. Depending on how we get to the port or sailing out of, we bring our wine, mixers, and water, and order liquor from Bon Voyage.