Next Cruise Questions (Name change and combining with RCI Visa rewards)

We bought two Next Cruise certificates (one for me and one for DH) on our last cruise. This was before our wedding so mine was purchased in my maiden name. Is changing it in my married (now legal) name going to be an issue? I still have my passport in my maiden name so if push comes to shove I can book the cruise under that name.

Next, is the OBC from Next Cruise able to be combined with the RCI Visa rewards OBC?

Can we still do money off a cruise with Next Cruise using Visa points?

It has been a year since our last trip and I'm sure things have changed since then. A search didn't yield answers for me...

Thanks!

We bought two Next Cruise certificates (one for me and one for DH) on our last cruise. This was before our wedding so mine was purchased in my maiden name. Is changing it in my married (now legal) name going to be an issue? I still have my passport in my maiden name so if push comes to shove I can book the cruise under that name.

Next, is the OBC from Next Cruise able to be combined with the RCI Visa rewards OBC?

Can we still do money off a cruise with Next Cruise using Visa points?

It has been a year since our last trip and I'm sure things have changed since then. A search didn't yield answers for me...

Thanks!

I'd call C&A and get the NC changed to whatever name you like. It's transferable once to anyone, as long as it has not been assigned to a cruise.

The Next Cruise OBC is combinable with Visa points OBC.

You can do money off the cruise with Next Cruise OBC, but there are other conditions on money off redemptions now. I'll leave those for Ellen to describe.

Edited by clarea

I'd call C&A and get the NC changed to whatever name you like. It's transferable once to anyone, as long as it has not been assigned to a cruise.

You can do money off the cruise with Next Cruise OBC, but there are other conditions on money off redemptions now. I'll leave those for Ellen to describe.

Thanks! It is nice to know that the name change is no big deal... Hopefully Ellen (or someone else) can chime in on the conditions for the money off redemption rules.

Sorry I am late- I was at the beach:)

Like Bob said you can use your Visa awards for $$ off a cruise unless your cruise has the BOGOHO promo, then you can only use the awards for OBC.

It gets trickier using the awards for upgrades and free cruises as they are not combinable with a lot of stuff inc special fares such as residency, senior and military.

Here are the latest rules

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/visa/royal-web-program-rules-5-20-14.pdf

Edited by molly361