Post your best Holland FOOD PHOTOS

aerospace

I have setup a gallery with 101 food photos for you to enjoy. :D

c9a1aa_cbe96ddf019e4bcda6f883b360b7eda1.jpg_srz_p_1076_807_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

About 95 of these are from my last Holland cruise but I would love to add your best cruise food photos as well. I will be making a gallery for each cruise line if I can

get enough people to help out. Post them here, share a link, or you can email me and I'll add them (solodeals@yahoo.com).

I am adding a review of every dish but it will take a couple days to get everything setup. That way you know if it looks amazing but tastes like cardboard lol.

So sit back, hit play, and be ready to drool!

Enjoy,

Michael

I don't usually like to bring my camera into the dining room as there is not enough table space. But when I do I manage to take a few photos of what we eat. So the pictures are not the "best" but are of what we ate:

Veggie dumplings from the children's menu:

ry%3D400

IF I eat dessert, which isn't very often, it will be something like this:

ry%3D400

usually DD and I choose this for dessert:

ry%3D400

DH, on the other hand, never says no to food...even in the Lido:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Is that from Holland? I love me a good dumpling :D

I find if you have a decent camera on the right setting(usually portrait no flash for food) they mostly come out ok. On occasion I used flash if it was too dark but I'd usually have to take 3 from different distances to not get a washed out plate.

Just bring a camera bag which has a strap, so the camera hangs off my chair in the MDR. My table mate at dinner on day 4 or 5 said he thought I was always texting after dinner when in fact I was just making notes on the dishes to post later lol.

EVERYONE IS CRAZY, who cares if I take 10seconds to photograph the food before eating? :cool:

Glad everyone is enjoying it. Post your own favorite photos and I will add em.

Yes, the photo is from the children's menu of the vegetables and dumplings on HAL.

I already get dirty looks for having children in the diningroom...you can just imagine the double dirty looks with children AND a camera! :eek::p

Yes, the photo is from the children's menu of the vegetables and dumplings on HAL.

I already get dirty looks for having children in the diningroom...you can just imagine the double dirty looks with children AND a camera! :eek::p

Aw screw them! :p I'd just give a dirty look back. I really dislike ball caps or any kind of hat for that matter on a man in the MDR. That's where I direct my dirty looks. Children and a camera don't bother me, IF the kids are well behaved.

Aw screw them! :p I'd just give a dirty look back. I really dislike ball caps or any kind of hat for that matter on a man in the MDR. That's where I direct my dirty looks. Children and a camera don't bother me, IF the kids are well behaved.

Amen!!! well behaved kids make me teary eyed for when my son was a wee one - he loved to go out...now he eats too much for me to take him often!!!

Edited by Mytime2014

The Bone-in Rib Eye at the Pinnacle Grille with creamed spinach and sauteed button mushrooms. My favorite meal on Holland America. Yummy!

Not quite as good as the Chicago Cut Rib Eye from Gibson's in Chicago or the Delmonico from Peter Luger in Brooklyn, but very close.

20130522_035555.jpg.b0abd2bd3d70d84a39dda5e180e6228b.jpg

Edited by jaguarstyper

On our last cruise on the Maasdam in April, we had a fellow near our table who insisted on wearing his ball cap every night, even after being requested to remove it on multiple occasions. The DR staff eventually gave up and just shook their heads in amazement. He was seated with three young women who seemed oblivious to his bad manners. What a dope! :(

Edited by Skipper's Mom

• 2 weeks later...
On our last cruise on the Maasdam in April' date=' we had a fellow near our table who insisted on wearing his ball cap every night, even after being requested to remove it on multiple occasions. The DR staff eventually gave up and just shook their heads in amazement. He was seated with three young women who seemed oblivious to his bad manners. What a dope! :([/quote']

He was on vacation who cares if he wants to wear a cap? It's not like he came in his birthday suit! :p

I just added 18 more photos: Food Gallery Link

Enjoy!