six months to go poll

Which one matches to your plans for Christmas or New Year ?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which one matches to your plans for Christmas or New Year ?

• Will or would like to go away for Christmas or New year
    • Stay at home or with family / freinds
    • Never give it a thought until it is here , then decide what to do .
    • Lock the house door, (get drunk) and wait until it's all over

24/06/14 Six months to go ..and some of you will have booked a cruise or some other break over part or maybe all the festive holidays .

Others will be bulk buying sprouts to compliment that 14 stone turkey you bought from a man in a pub whilst you were getting drunk :eek:.

Maybe just sat in the house waiting for the Tesco van to arrive with your shop order of beers wines and spirits and a packet of mince pies :cool:.

Even sat on a beach in Tenerife in the sun humming the tune "Let it snow ";)

Or in some freezing place ,wishing you was roasting chestnuts by an open fire without Jack frost nibbling at your nose :rolleyes:.

Just a reminder guys its on its way , only seems six months since the last one :eek:.

Its Just for fun but which of these options is likely to be you ??:) POLL CLOSES IN SEVEN DAYS !

Edited by kalos

Probably work Christmas day as I usually try and get new yr off instead. The joys of working in our beloved nhs. If I could pick, I would spend Xmas at home in England and then jet off somewhere warm and sunny on boxing day

Already booked the same Torremolinos hotel we stayed at last year as we had such a great time - going 23rd and coming home on 26th. That is, unless we have sold our house by then (very unlikely!!!!) when we will have to re-think the venue as won´t want a 6.5 hour drive.

Would love to be going away but all the family are coming to us.

To be honest, we've come close to booking in the past and then thought we would miss the family thing. An hour before the dinner goes on the table I ask myself "WHY?"

I think we may go away after Christmas one year.

It's home for xmas for us as usual, with daughter, son and 3 grandchildren and other relatives. Also....(and I know this is silly) :o.... can't bear to put the dogs in kennels in the freezing winter months, they're too used to hogging the fire/radiators in the cold weather.

Edited by barnowl1950

We will be at home as everyone comes to us, and it is hard work and tiring but I love it.

We then have one or two days rest then do it all again when extended family comes to stay.

For me better than any holiday.:)

Edited by happy v

We go to Bruges on a beer tour each Christmas now for a few days and have some super meals with a Belgian beer served with each course. Evenings in Bruges at that time of year is magical too. Won't be trying the ice rink this year though - couldn't control the skates and kept falling down and that was BEFORE the beers!!

We go to Bruges on a beer tour each Christmas now for a few days and have some super meals with a Belgian beer served with each course. Evenings in Bruges at that time of year is magical too. Won't be trying the ice rink this year though - couldn't control the skates and kept falling down and that was BEFORE the beers!!

Geez gill,the last time I was in Bruges beer prices were on par with iceland

gill

a beer in iceland is/was around £5/£6,in fact the more i think about bruges was dearer when we were there

Not to worry, we always try to find a local beer in every port, so it won't be a lot. I have been given some recommended bars to look for where we can pick a beer or two up in Iceland. Looking forward to it so much now. As far as I remember Bruges beers were 3 or 4 euros.

It seems to be running level between staying home and getting away on the poll up to yet :D.

We like to be at home for christmas but any day from Christmas day onwards ,if we can were off .

As Jim says the New Year partys dont seem as they used to , so away we go .

A few years ago we used to like to go to Bruges (like Gill (1/2 pt) is doing ) and then it was off onto the Majesty for a brill New year in Madeira..

anyone doing that cruise will be in for a treat on the stroke of the New Year :cool:.

This year we are back down to Portsmouth and cruising the river Seine with an over night stay in Rouen ,

which is in some ways very much like Bruges, ....bit pricey ,bit gothic but enjoyable:) .

Whatever you folks decide to do ,even if it is option 4 I'm sure you will all have a wonderful time. ;) Cheers !

Edited by kalos

Usual Xmas at home. Then down to Manchester for the 29th and off to Jamaica on the 30th. Cuban Fusion & Pride of Panama. New Years Eve spent at sea New Years day in Playa Del Carmen.:D:D:D

See you on it .We fly out on the 30th to

Well that was one evenly balanced poll folks :) (Now closed )

Many thanks to all who took the time to vote or leave a comment :cool:

Back to the drawing board ..and think of another poll to keep us all amused :D