You had questions - I have answers! Breakaway June 15th sailing

2Cruise4Ever

Before we left, I asked what specific questions you have. Below are the answers. I am in the process of writing a full review and will post that as a different thread.

Taylor95: bus/ferry tickets (not passes) at dockyard – Not in the gatehouse next to the ship, but at the travel kiosk right next to the ferry docks

VickiD59: Dockyard festival on Wednesday night 2300 to 0300?? – Was answered by someone else – it’s a party at SnorkelPark for adults only.

BermudaBound2014: What day do they offer the laundry special? How much is a bag on special and how much is a bag not on special? - One bag per person (I believe, will check when I get home) was on special for Thursday - $27 all you can fit into a bag. Clothes returned by Friday evening – will post scan of that one later. Otherwise, I scanned the slip to see the a la carte pricing.

Note: we are Platinum Lattitudes which allows for one bag per person for free;

Lbocola: Can u please find out how much the laundry is and if it's only 1 bag allowed at that price and is the bag large. - See above. And, yes the bag is large; we fit an enormous amount of clothing for 4 people to be pressed and it all fit in 2 bags. - See attached scan of the laundry slip.

LaundryPriceList.pdf

Sebas030: If you could take a picture of the Martini drink menu, that would be great! I would love to confirm that the prices for the drinks are the same even after the increase of the UBP. - See attached picture.

MartiniMenu.jpg.03eacf1c96f69f5aa3daad0a3644b2e4.jpg

SizzleChest: Many times cruises run specials on things like liquor and jewelry, but when is the best time to buy? - Are discounts best at the end of the trip, or in the middle? Also, please collect the dailies and post them. NCL just moved the schedule around, so the ones on I've seen are probably wrong. – Different specials ran each day. So, no time is better than others. Just browse the stores each day they are open (Sunday night, Monday, Tuesday, Friday night, and Saturday)

Lgib1: Taxi cost to Horseshoe Bay beach? – We took a taxi to Elbow Bay Beach which is farther than Horseshoe… it cost us approximately $60 one-way (Had no choice – ferry workers went on strike and the line for the buses was several hundred strong!).

TravelJoe: Would love to know what night the chef's table dinner is held. I know it's extremely tough to book (only 12 seats, and typically once/cruise), but if you happen to be speaking with someone at Guest Services, I'd appreciate the input. Thanks! – The Chef’s Table is Friday night and was wonderful! 7 courses with wine pairings. Since we were in the Haven we simply asked our Concierge to arrange it. But, I’m told you can go to Guest Services and request it – highly recommend you do that immediately upon embarkation.

jls_pebbles: can you please ask Assistant Hotel Dir: Sonja Sommeregger if she will be still onboard. Would be great to meet her again. Also believe Box Office Manager Alessandra Angulo was moving to the Getaway can you find out who the Box Office Manager will be. - We did not have a chance to chat with Sonja. However, she is still on the ship (I heard through August). Alessandra is no longer with NCL. But, a nice gentleman named Joshua is the Box Office manager now.

LazyDays64: I think there's a Comedy/Magic Show on the ship. I'd like to know when and where that is – The comedy/magic show is Friday (not sure where or time – will check the Dailies when I get home).

Juvesgirl: 1)Can you possibly find out how quickly the cabanas and loungers in the vibe sold out? And, if possible, if they were gone in the first boarding group? – Vibe sold out in about 30 minutes. But, it is a crap shoot. If the cruise is full of newbies that don’t know about it, you might be in luck if you’re in group 4+. Just go directly to Guest Services as soon as you board.

2) Would it be possible for you to give a sense of whether the area on the opposite side of vibe (free side) with loungers and clam shells seemed busy/full? I heard also that there is a bar, cool, towels, and fruit for that free area, too. If you could find out if that is true, I would be grateful. - If you are referring to the Port side next to Vibe, then yes there are lounge chairs and a few umbrellas (I think). There is a bar, but no cool towels or skewers of fruit.

Hope all this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I’m working on a full review right now.

Welcome home. Hope you enjoyed your cruise... looking forward to your review.

We're also in the Haven and have a request in with the concierge, but I still plan to arrive early and confirm date/availability.

Looks like I will need to move some stuff around if it's on Friday -- what time did it start/end if you don't mind one more question.

Welcome home. Hope you enjoyed your cruise... looking forward to your review.

We're also in the Haven and have a request in with the concierge, but I still plan to arrive early and confirm date/availability.

Looks like I will need to move some stuff around if it's on Friday -- what time did it start/end if you don't mind one more question.

Hi, Joe ~ Adrian will take good care of you! It started at 6:30 (6:15 arrival for pictures and greetings) and went until a little after 10:00 - probably closer to 10:30 since we shut down the Haven bar at 11:00. It's wonderful!!! You'll love it!

Thank you for your posts. Question: since you are Platinum could you tell me what day and time they had the VIP Cocktail Party (Silver, Gold, Plats)? Thanks.

On the 6/8 sailing they had one on Tuesday and one on Friday, both at 7:30 in Fat Cats. You are invited to one of them (just a crapshoot based on your package in the room). We talked to the cruise consultant and had our Friday time changed to Tuesday with no problem.

Thank you for your posts. Question: since you are Platinum could you tell me what day and time they had the VIP Cocktail Party (Silver, Gold, Plats)? Thanks.

The VIP cocktail party was Monday evening at 6:15 I think. The Latitudes party was Friday..can't remember the time...but it was evening

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Taylor95: bus/ferry tickets (not passes) at dockyard – Not in the gatehouse next to the ship, but at the travel kiosk right next to the ferry dock .

Thank you! This will be our first time in Bermuda - is the travel kiosk easy to find when you get off the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! This will be our first time in Bermuda - is the travel kiosk easy to find when you get off the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes...after you get off the ship you'll go through the dock house...then turn left. You'll be facing it at that point, but its about 30 or so yards ahead. There will be tourist ambassadors all over the place so you shouldn't have any problems.

Thanks so much for answering all of our questions, including mine! That was very kind of you!

If you don't mind one more-was the ferry strike still on when you left Bermuda, or was it resolved while you were in port?

it only lasted a few hours. by the time we got back to the ship it was over.

Yes...after you get off the ship you'll go through the dock house...then turn left. You'll be facing it at that point, but its about 30 or so yards ahead. There will be tourist ambassadors all over the place so you shouldn't have any problems.

I was wrong on this... after looking at the Bermuda webcam... after you exit the dock house and turn left... keep walking and make your first right. Then you'll see the ferry area on your left. That's where the kiosk is... just follow the crowd and get in line. It'll be fairly long on the first day.

I was on this sailing too! For those looking for Vibe passes, we were in boarding group #39 and still managed to score passes. I don't think we even arrived at the cruise terminal until 11:00 am or so. I thought for sure they'd be gone based on what I read on these boards prior to our cruise, but, nope, they still had plenty left by the time we got there. And they were worth every penny after we saw what the main pool/deck areas were like once the cruise got going! :eek:

LazyDays64: I think there's a Comedy/Magic Show on the ship. I'd like to know when and where that is – The comedy/magic show is Friday (not sure where or time – will check the Dailies when I get home).

Thanks for the info! 25 more days for me! :eek::D

Can you clarify for me that the Chef's Table starts at 6:30 and goes until 10:00?

spittingkitty, it's good to hear that even though you had Group 39 you were still able to get Vibe passes. We're going to try to get them too.

I was on this sailing too! For those looking for Vibe passes, we were in boarding group #39 and still managed to score passes. I don't think we even arrived at the cruise terminal until 11:00 am or so. I thought for sure they'd be gone based on what I read on these boards prior to our cruise, but, nope, they still had plenty left by the time we got there. And they were worth every penny after we saw what the main pool/deck areas were like once the cruise got going! :eek:

Thanks! You are the first person to give me hope :)

Thanks for the info! 25 more days for me! :eek::D

Can you clarify for me that the Chef's Table starts at 6:30 and goes until 10:00?

spittingkitty, it's good to hear that even though you had Group 39 you were still able to get Vibe passes. We're going to try to get them too.

Yes The Chefs Table started at 6:30...but we were asked to be there at 6:15 for pictures. And it ended later than 10:00 I think because we shut the Haven Bar down at 11:00...lol. The dinner itself was probably over a little past 10:00.

Taylor95: bus/ferry tickets (not passes) at dockyard – <font color="DarkRed">Not in the gatehouse next to the ship, but at the travel kiosk right next to the ferry docks

Sorry to ask another question, but were these the $30 for 15 tickets? Or just tokens?

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Taylor95: bus/ferry tickets (not passes) at dockyard – Not in the gatehouse next to the ship, but at the travel kiosk right next to the ferry docks

Sorry to ask another question, but were these the $30 for 15 tickets? Or just tokens?

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I really don't know. I just asked one of the ambassadors if tickets and tokens were available at the kiosk. So I guess both are there...but in all our travels I didn't see anyone with tickets... Just tokens and passes...

Edited by 2Cruise4Ever