Seasoned RCCL crsr wanting to try Carnival or NCL with toddlers!?

Sthrncrusr

We are seasoned Royal cruisers and have been on their mega ships with our babies before but because of their ages, I want to try out another line. Our kids will be 4.5 and just turning 3 (celebrating a few weeks before our time frame for the trip). I'm well aware Carnival nor Norwegian have baby splash pools for kids in diapers. But they do have free care starting at age 2 and from what I read both my kids will be in the same age group. Plus the youngest doesn't have to be potty trained. Looks like carnival will change them and NCL will call you to change them. Because we can take them off the boat to the beach, it would just be sea days where they'd play in their kids club or nap there which I'm fine with because a week on a cruise is a lot of sun exposure! So, we are thinking September 2015 out of Florida. Looks like the new NCL Getaway is doing routes then and a few Carnival ships. Any insight as to what ships out of the two companies would be best? Because carnival is so reasonable we'll definitely splurge for a suite. On NCL, it may be a mini suite. I need to find out when they have their big sales as I usually only follow RCCL. Thank you!

I will tell you that our son (2 1/2 at the time) loved Camp Carnival last year. They did all types of activities with the kids and he was constantly asking to go. We are going on another Carnival cruise this year when he will be nearly 4 years old. He is super excited already!

Can not give you insight into NCL, but for kid's Camp Carnival was awesome. He is potty trained now, but at the time of last cruise was "working on it".

They do give you a cell phone when you have children in this age group at camp.

Kim

Since you are used to the mega ships with Royal, I'd say go for the Breeze, Glory or Sunshine if choosing Carnival, as those ships have upgrades and extras that should give you more variety in food and entertainment. Our son tried the kids club when he was 3. He didn't go often and preferred to stay with us, but they had a lot of fun things planned for the week and it seemed like something he would like. He just wasn't ready, but we are hoping this cruise he wants to go.

Thanks for the tips. Yes, I'm definitely not going to compare but I will say NCL Getaway seems a lot like Allure/Oasis in that almost everything is for a charge. Restaurants, etc from. What I read and that is such a turn off to me!. Carnival seems to include much more complimentary food options which I like because the cruise itself is already adding up! I've read up a lot on the Breeze, Sunshine and Glory. Liberty looks doable too and it's a closer port so that is enticing!