Suggestions for family friendly excursions

slcreads

My multi-generational family will be visiting Roatan in December 2014 off the Carnival Conquest. We are looking for an excursion (private or ship run) that will have something for everyone. Ages run 8, 13, 36, 40, 60. Everyone is up for moderate physical activity. Some beach time ok. But not looking for beach/snorkeling intensive. Ideas?

Take a look at the reviews here for Victor Bodden and for Rony's Tours and then google each for contact information, unless your search yields that in one of the many posts on this board. Both operate good "island" tours that can be customized for your family's interest. both gentlemen are very willing to help you in planning. And depending on the time and driver, you can sometimes "wing" it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been researching and did find both tour operators get great reviews. Our group has such varied interests that private might have to be the answer. The two guys (8 and 40) want to zip line. The 8 yr old girl wants animals. The two gals (36 and 60) like the beach. So I think we have to compromise and do a little of what everyone wants or split in to two groups for that day.

Since you'll be cruising on Carnival, you'll dock at Mahogany Bay.

There's a beach right there with beach chairs at no charge so you don't actually have to book anything unless you just want to. :)

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been researching and did find both tour operators get great reviews. Our group has such varied interests that private might have to be the answer. The two guys (8 and 40) want to zip line. The 8 yr old girl wants animals. The two gals (36 and 60) like the beach. So I think we have to compromise and do a little of what everyone wants or split in to two groups for that day.

Talk with your tour operator of choice, tell them what your group wants to do and I have faith they will sort it for you.

It seems to me, you could drop the zip line people at South Shore zip line on your way to Gumbalimba to see their animals.. depending on time, pick up the zip people or go on to West Bay for the beach. The driver could then go back for the zip line people.

West End is also not far if you wish to wander town, Half Moon Bay beach is part of West End.