Flowrider in 2014 - which tricks are allowed on the boogie board?

What is the current status about doing tricks on the boogie board?

Last time I went was October 2013 and there was talk about how the President of RCI was going to allow tricks again, but nobody on the Allure knew anything about it and they refused to allow any tricks.

Specifically last time I went I was only allowed to do the following tricks boogie board:

1. riding on knees,

2. riding drop-knee,

3. prone 360,

4. 360 on knees,

5. 360 drop-knee,

6. sitting on the board (Indian style or with feet in front)

7. push-ups on the board

8. DK Shuv-it

9. laying on back

Are we allowed to do anything else? Have you actually gone in March-June 2014 and done turtle shell, barrelrolls, front roll, front flip, superman, Drop-knee (DK) Roll, seat drop, bounce and barrel roll in air, standing up on the boogie board, waterfall?

I asked this same question nearly 5 months ago, and it appeared that SOME stand-up tricks are now allowed, but I am specifically interested in boogieboard.

Before anyone claims that they NEVER let you stand up, I have done it many times, prior to the limitations in the past few years.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/k3xh5s.jpg

We used to be allowed to do a lot of cool tricks

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2yx2mbq.jpg

When we were on Indy in February they were very quick to stop anyone attempting to stand on the boogie board. They were allowing most of the tricks on your list, as well as tricks when you "jump in" with your board - rolls in the air, etc.

On Navigator last month I was told that any trick involving full contact between your body and the Flowrider (such as barrel rolls and superman) are prohibited.

Was on the Navigator 6/8 and the same was true. I was not aware of the new rules and was scolded after I performed several barrel rolls and superman.

When we were on Indy in February they were very quick to stop anyone attempting to stand on the boogie board. They were allowing most of the tricks on your list, as well as tricks when you "jump in" with your board - rolls in the air, etc.

Just to clarify, they were allowing the tricks on your numbered list. I did not see anyone attempt any tricks on the list below it.

From an insurance perspective (even with waivers signed)...it would appear that the intent is not to position the Flowrider as a personal demonstration device -rather - as a general "fun" activity.

Having done Flowrider more than once, and also seeing numerous others do some amazing "riding" on them...it would seem to make sense to have some sort of limits to just what kind of activity is allowed as to avoid significant injury and/or damage to these units themselves.

From an insurance perspective (even with waivers signed)...it would appear that the intent is not to position the Flowrider as a personal demonstration device -rather - as a general "fun" activity.

Having done Flowrider more than once, and also seeing numerous others do some amazing "riding" on them...it would seem to make sense to have some sort of limits to just what kind of activity is allowed as to avoid significant injury and/or damage to these units themselves.

Plenty of injuries can take place within the current limitations. Keep in mind that the people doing advanced tricks have much higher abilities than your average person who has never done it...nevermind the 300 pounder who was enjoying a few Drinks of the Day. ;)

I wonder why bogie board at all, standup is so much better. Most tricks are allowed during standup. The truth is they have made bogie board not that much fun. In general, they need to loosen the rules up for both sessions.

I wonder why bogie board at all, standup is so much better. Most tricks are allowed during standup. The truth is they have made bogie board not that much fun. In general, they need to loosen the rules up for both sessions.

The boogie boards are for beginners to get used to Flowrider.

Standing in Flowrider is something that less than 1/2 of the participants can do for more than a few seconds.

For that reason, they offer both.