Rita's Cantina Question

First question, is there a place on the RCI website that has the cost of the restaurants. I found the menu with the A la carte menu, but I thought I read that there was an additional surcharge to eat there. Thanks for you help. We'll be sailing in January; how far out do they start allowing you to book your reservations?

First question' date=' is there a place on the RCI website that has the cost of the restaurants. I found the menu with the A la carte menu, but I thought I read that there was an additional surcharge to eat there. Thanks for you help. We'll be sailing in January; how far out do they start allowing you to book your reservations?[/quote']

There's no set time that reservations open. Usually 60 to 90 days before the cruise but it could be more or less.

Edited by clarea

Hola,

it is a la carte menu. No additional cover charge.

However, the best way is to join the Rita's Fiesta. (Check your dailies for schedules).

For $20 you get 3 drinks plus their set menu and party. Lots of fun!

If you prefer non-alcoholic drinks, the cost is just $10.

Enjoy your tequila!

I will add I've done Rita's cantina fiesta on Allure. It is a lot of fun including dancing on the board walk. The food is not great. I had read that before, and encountered it first hand. It is ok at best. But the atmosphere of the fiesta is fine...they give hats to the men and glow light ups for the ladies. The service was friendly and good. If only they could improve the food it would be a real winner! $20 including 3 drinks probably tells you all you need to know about the food lol!

Proceed with care - Rita doesn't do the same thing everywhere. Rita's on Radiance (when it was a Cantina and not a Crab Shack) was a full dinner menu, and Rita's on the Serenade was basically a limited selection of snacky eats like nachos to share to go with your Margarita or Dos Equis.

We did Rita's instead of the MDR one night on Radiance, absolutely no way that'd work on Serenade.

Proceed with care - Rita doesn't do the same thing everywhere. Rita's on Radiance (when it was a Cantina and not a Crab Shack) was a full dinner menu, and Rita's on the Serenade was basically a limited selection of snacky eats like nachos to share to go with your Margarita or Dos Equis.

We did Rita's instead of the MDR one night on Radiance, absolutely no way that'd work on Serenade.

We did Rita's on Serenade. There were 8 of us going just for nachos and margaritas.

The poor waitress was overwhelmed. Got the drink orders wrong, tried to fix it, then brought out the nacho order for only two at our table.

While we waited for the rest of our table to be served, we watched her bring orders to other tables.......one couple at a time.

Seems that the "chef" filling the orders did so one by one, and not one table was served all at once.

We finally got our appetizers, but the other two couples were still waiting.

Finally, they just got up and left. We were done with ours before theirs even came out.

That was about the worst service I have ever had on a ship.

I could almost understand it if there were full meals going on, but this was just nachos and drinks.

I felt bad for the girl, and it wasn't her fault. But they needed more help for sure.

I hope it was just a fluke.

I might give them another try next time.