Brooklyn--Red hook Water Taxi

not far is relative. Its almost a mile or so. The walk in entrance to the pier is at Conover and Pioneer streets

this shows Fairway Market. the Ferry docks just south of the Market(in back by the Food court)...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Brooklyn+Cruise+Terminal/@40.6823356,-74.0175256,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x3d0fc7b4341f3ece

• 3 weeks later...
For those of you with a port stop in Brooklyn during the summer months...now you can take the free ferry ride into Manhattan. The pier is not far from the cruise ship terminal.

http://www.brownstoner.com/blog/2014/06/closing-bell-red-hook-water-taxi-returns/

Thanks for this info, just one question though; Does that ferry run only on weekends?

We arrive on Monday September 22 aboard the Ruby Princess and sail on to Quebec city that same day. Looking for something to do. Princess does not offer any tours, there is no subway close by to get us to Manhattan easy.

Any other suggestion are most welcome.

Theo

Thanks for this info, just one question though; Does that ferry run only on weekends?

We arrive on Monday September 22 aboard the Ruby Princess and sail on to Quebec city that same day. Looking for something to do. Princess does not offer any tours, there is no subway close by to get us to Manhattan easy.

Any other suggestion are most welcome.

Theo

it runs during the week.

http://www.nywatertaxi.com/tours/ikea

its about 3/4 of a mile to the water taxi. Its also about 3/4 of a mile to the closest subway stop(Smith and 9th street). Arecibo the local car service will charge about $20-40 to get into Manhattan depending on where you are going.

What would I do? to get into central Manhattan I would call Arecibo and have them take you to the Carroll Street stop of the F train(on Smith Street). Car traffic can be terrible and the subway into central Manhattan is mostly faster.

Arecibo is 7187836465, I would expect they would charge about $10 for that short run.

Coming back I would get to Carroll Street use my cell phone to call Arecibo and have them pick you up and take you to the Cruise terminal.

alternatively you can also use Arecibo to get to and from the Water taxi which leaves from in back of Ikea or the rear of Fairway(Fairway is closer)

Edited by smeyer418