Carnival Paradise...FAST INFO PLEASE !!

lilybelle45

Just decided to grab a very last minute get away for end of August and am looking at the Paradise. I've never been on anything except the Conquest and Dream class ships with Carnival so I know nothing about the Fantasy class. Anything you could pass on about this ship would be greatly appreciated...cleanliness, I know it's old but....refurbished, nice, not run down.....etc....

thanks so very much !!!

I think you'll find "Paradise" to be just that! Yes, she's a bit older than most of the Carnival fleet, but she's well maintained, and has a crew that is second to none. Food and service is outstanding, and entertainment (PRE 2.0!) is really, really fantastic. BIG shows with eight female dancers, 4 male dancers, two excellent production singers, and a full band. ;) The ship itself, is big enough to have everything that you'll enjoy doing, but not so big that there are lines to do everything. Port of Tampa is easy to maneuver, and normally efficient, and quick to get aboard, and disembark. Serenity Deck, aft, is exactly where it should be, and is indeed quiet, and relaxing. Bottom line, Paradise is truly an excellent choice!

"SKY"

Just decided to grab a very last minute get away for end of August and am looking at the Paradise. I've never been on anything except the Conquest and Dream class ships with Carnival so I know nothing about the Fantasy class. Anything you could pass on about this ship would be greatly appreciated...cleanliness, I know it's old but....refurbished, nice, not run down.....etc....

thanks so very much !!!

I just got off Paradise last week (June19th). I did a brief review here on CC. Might want to search boards a few days ago. Loved the Paradise and the ports. She's oldie but a goodie. Had the best staff we have encountered on CCL. Say Hello to IMADE, best bar wait on the entire ship.

thanks so very much !!!

We were on the Paradise for two cruises last year. As others here have mentioned, she's a bit worn but the crew was great. One server in particular, Yosep, was fantastic. As far as the food, we thought it was just so-so. We chose the Paradise mainly out of convenience because we live about 20 minutes from the Port of Tampa. There are nicer ships out there, but the Paradise is usually pretty inexpensive, so it really just depends on your budget and taste.

Whatever you choose, have a great time!

I was on the paradise at the end of march. The ship is an older fantasy class. but can provide a great cruise. I have been on enough of them (Fantasy class ships) and have had great cruises. I was left feeling that the crew could of been better. The most disappointing thing was the Main Dinning room and food quality, don't get me wrong the food wasn't bad it just wasn't as good as my 11 past cruises. The ports were good. We still had a great time but a cruise is what you make it.

Edited by Ltcsquad

I was on Paradise in January, my first cruise ever. It's very clean and the staff is extremely nice and funny. I loved the ship, very homey. I loved the karaoke bar. The bartender there (named Dragon) is a super duper amazing guy. Also, if you're going to take pictures, Branislav takes GREAT pictures. He's the tall and attractive guy always on the pictures floor ;) AAAND if you get Sam as your waiter in the MDR, you're in luck. He'll look past a lot of things :p

Edited by Ronie_Ver

I was on her when she was in Long Beach! And I am doing a B2B on her in Oct!! She was a great ship then and I cant think that in just a few years anything changed. The crew yes but I thought she was great. Wish for balcony but its ok!

I was on her a few years ago, and have another one booked in September. She's the newest of the Fantasy Class ships, but still 15 years old, so you'll have to keep that in mind going in. She's not as big as the ships you've been on, but I actually prefer the Fantasy Class to Carnivals other ships. They are easier to get around, and feel more cozy.

The Paradise and the Elation have not had the cabin renovations done yet, so your stateroom will seem dated. No cabin should be unclean though, and I've not yet had an issue with that on any ship.

The pool deck has not been modified like the other ships in the class, which is a good thing in my opinion. The Paradise still has her main pool with its water slide in place, and a smaller aft pool (basically the adult pool by default) behind the funnel on Verandah Deck. On other Fantasy Class ships they've removed that aft pool and put in the larger Waterworks slides leaving only one pool for 2000+ guests.

Paradise does have the new Serenity area (adults only), so you'll basically be getting the best of both worlds. Serenity is at the very aft end of Promenade deck. You can get to it by walking down the aft exterior stairs from Lido deck, or walking back through the lounge at the end of the Promenade.

I was on the Paradise in April. It's very clean and well maintained. The staff was absolutely amazing. I'm talking every staff member we encountered. They were great. My only complaint was the ship is very gaudy in decor and outdated but that's just cosmetic. It had everything we could have wanted.

Carnival Paradise April 2014

Allure of the Seas November 2014

We've cruised on the Paradise twice. We have found the staff to be great, very friendly and really enjoyed both trips.

The Fantasy class ships may lack a few of the bells and whistles of the newer classes but their size means few lines and makes them easy to get around.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app