UDP and upcharge entrees???

happy cruzin

Those who have experience with UDP....

If you opted for any of the entrees with an upcharge (Le Bistro, Cagney's) were you charged the additional fee or was it just considered to be part of the UDP??

Thanks!

They are included.

They are included.

Thanks.....good to know!

I thought they were - based on previous conversations here on the boards - but I got confused when I saw this on the FAQ's :o

Q. ARE ANY MENU ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney’s Steakhouse and Le Bistro

http://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

Thanks.....good to know!

I thought they were - based on previous conversations here on the boards - but I got confused when I saw this on the FAQ's :o

Q. ARE ANY MENU ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney’s Steakhouse and Le Bistro

http://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

Not confusing at all. If you desire, you can order an additional entree at either Cagney's or Le Bistro for an additional charge ($10).

Not confusing at all. If you desire, you can order an additional entree at either Cagney's or Le Bistro for an additional charge ($10).

Ahh...I was reading "additional" as applying to the upcharge as well! :o

Thanks for setting me straight! ;)

Wow, I didn't know that either.

So when I order lobster tails at Le Bistro it isn't an additional $10?

That's great. Makes my decision to get UDP even better.

I completely agree I wasn't sure at first and I had heard some mixed reviews but that is a really nice feature as well as the fact that you can eat in your favorite multiple times :)

I am a little disappointed I didn't purchase the UDP when it was first posted on sale for our cruise. It was 149.00 per person I think for our 14 night cruise on the Star. We figured we would need to eat at a specialty restaurant every other night and wasn't sure we would want to eat that much, especially because we have Cagney's available to us for breakfast and lunch because we are in a suite. After reading everyone's comments though about not having to pay the extra to order lobster, I thought it would be a good idea to buy it. The price unfortunately has gone up to 224.00 per person. I wish I would have jumped at the lower price when we had the chance. :(