Noise from interconnecting cabin door.

Had cabin 12160 on Allure. Can hear through connecting door.

Imagine: 1:15 in the morning. Door slamming. Loud TV. Talking. Called them and politely asked that they turn down the TV. He yells at wife to turn down TV and slams phone down.

Wonderful cabin attendant (Elvis) put packing tape (wide) all around door and then only heard tv (but very low sound coming through).

we will not book a connecting room again.

12160 had bed by bathroom/closet, by the way, for those who are interested. Prefer bed by balcony. (easier to get in closet)

(not good)

It does not matter if the people next door are "good" or bad. you can hear EVERYTHING:eek:

The only time I requested connecting was when we sailed with good friends. It was on NCL and they had 2 doors.....didn`t hear a peep. I figured that all ships were that way, my bad:o Never again.

• 7 months later...

I just realized I have a connecting room for the first time on my upcomming cruise on EOS.

I am worried for both the fact I could hear noise from the next room, and also for them as I tend to be one who is late to bed each evening.

Not sure if I should just wait it out and see how it is(although once on the cruise, chances of switching rooms is low I know) or should I call and request room change in advance??!

We had an interconnecting cabin on the Indy we were in a promenade room and the bed faced the door. We could hear everything but the worse thing was the light coming through the door late at night when they came back, drunk and more often than not arguing, never again would I knowingly book an interconnecting door on a cruise ship, or hotel.

Edited by icsys

could hear everything from the room next door (talking, TV, "intimate" moments) as if they were in the room with us.

That's just a challenge to out do them. You should've shown them who the boss was and it definitely wasn't Tony Danza.

We had connected cabin on INDY (first time with RCI and choose a guarantee)

NEVER AGAIN

the couple next door were larks, TV full blast and hairdryer going at 6AM every morning.

After two days we complained to guest relations and a maintenance man came along and stuffed foam insulation between the door and frame and then gaffer tapped over the gap.

problem solved for the remainder of the cruise.

This must be a standard remedy as the wall had left over tape before ours was sealed (this gave us the idea to complain and try and get it sorted)

Great. I sail on Liberty the 16th and we have a connecting room. It was the only balcony available aside from cabin 666 which my boyfriend refused to stay in.

I'm hoping for quiet but I'll still be thrilled to be in a balcony on a cruise.