Sorry, another VIFP question

losijon

Hello all, I searched high and low before posting this but I could not find it anywhere. So the next cruise the wife and I take will push us into the gold status, so will that in essence take affect once we start that cruise, from everything I remember reading previously I believe it to be this way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We will be gold on our next cruise. I guess that means two things: we get a pin and can attend the past guest party. What is that like? Sounds like the drinks are free? What do you do? How long does it last? TYIA!

You also get a free drink coupon!

I like the party - but sometimes they schedule it and it conflicts when we are in port and on an excursion - I believe we've missed the past two because of that sort of conflict. However, it's a nice time to meet others and yes, there are free drinks. Enjoy!

I like the party - but sometimes they schedule it and it conflicts when we are in port and on an excursion - I believe we've missed the past two because of that sort of conflict. However, it's a nice time to meet others and yes, there are free drinks. Enjoy!

I'm assuming you just didn't have time to get ready for the party because the party never takes place in till after the boat sails.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I'm assuming you just didn't have time to get ready for the party because the party never takes place in till after the boat sails.

The past guest party on our Carnival Freedom cruise took place before the ship was scheduled to sail. We would have missed it anyway, because our ship-sponsored Panama Canal excursion returned two and a half hours late because of canal traffic.

Edited by Disconnections

Red gets the free drink coupon also. Got one our last two cruises. When is the party typically held? And where? We will be on the glory for our gold cruise.

Red gets the free drink coupon also. Got one our last two cruises. When is the party typically held? And where? We will be on the glory for our gold cruise.

It's held at 4:30, 5:00 or 5:30 pm in the main show lounge but which day they hold it varies. They send an invitation to the gold, platinum, and diamond VIFP card holders one day before. Once we had a late tour booked and I was concerned about missing the party so I asked at the beginning of the cruise when it was going to be. They said they didn't have access to that information yet but that it was never held before the ship sails. They have never objected to me bringing my BF, or sister with me when they are occupants of my cabin even before they reached gold. We did not sneak in. We even stopped to chat with the cruise director. I had someone bust my chops about that once before here on cruise critic but I don't like to go to a party alone without anyone I know there. I usually make more friends when I'm cruising solo so I can usually find somebody I know to hang out with at the party.

Edited by Jana60

We will be gold on our next cruise. I guess that means two things: we get a pin and can attend the past guest party. What is that like? Sounds like the drinks are free? What do you do? How long does it last? TYIA!

I don't want to give too much away about the Past Guest Party. We love it, even after 13 Carnival cruises.

One thing I will say: you do not have to take a drink from the trays passed around by servers. You can order anything you want. It might take a minute or two to get the drink, and $1 or so tip would be a nice gesture. We always order our favorites and sit back and enjoy them.

Oh, yeah, there are also hors d'oeuvres passed around.

Have a great Gold cruise.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I appreciate the quick responses from the both of you! Can't wait to sail.

I'd have to say "Yes but your mileage will vary". We have had past guest parties in the big lounge and sometimes in the comedy club or smaller lounge. Depends on basically two things, the amount of past guests and regrettably the time of the party. The parties have always been if not just after sailing, usually just an hour to forty-five minutes prior.

I remember most of them on dress up nights so plan accordingly. Good tip! that you can get any drink you desire from your waiter but there is a wait, sometimes 1/2 way through the party :( But if you grea$e the $kids when they bring it, the $econd time is a fla$h! :D

And when it's over it's over, so you "drinkers" and you know who you are, :rolleyes: ask for several of your imbibes so you can take one back to the room and get ready for dinner or the show.

Cheers!

Wow! Can't wait until I get there!

I'm a cruise newbie, but I did join VIFP before I booked our cruise. Looking at the cruise docs, my. VIFP number isn't on any of them, and looking at the VIFP account, there are no cruises listed there. Is this because I'm anew cruiser, or is it somehow not connected in the website?

I want to get to the same status as you guys as fast as possible, I don't want the. To not count our first cruise :)

Wow! Can't wait until I get there!

I'm a cruise newbie, but I did join VIFP before I booked our cruise. Looking at the cruise docs, my. VIFP number isn't on any of them, and looking at the VIFP account, there are no cruises listed there. Is this because I'm anew cruiser, or is it somehow not connected in the website?

I want to get to the same status as you guys as fast as possible, I don't want the. To not count our first cruise :)

You will not have any cruises listed until you complete your cruise.

Thanks again for the responses. We are in the process of re-adding our past cruises as they "mysteriously" dropped off. Thank goodness the wife saves an e-folder with all of our previous booking info.

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

• 2 weeks later...

I m currently at 20 days and have a 5 day scheduled, which makes me gold after the last night of the cruise. Will I be gold for this cruise or will it show up on the next one? (I have read that if you are moving up a level in the middle of the cruise you would be at the higher level the entire time, but never seen any comments about reaching higher levels after the last night.)

I'm currently at 21 days sailed and have an upcoming 7 day cruise in August. I checked my documents but it is still showing Red. Should I call to see if they will change it or will they do that at embarkation?

I don't think it would hurt to call and check just to be sure.

I m currently at 20 days and have a 5 day scheduled, which makes me gold after the last night of the cruise. Will I be gold for this cruise or will it show up on the next one? (I have read that if you are moving up a level in the middle of the cruise you would be at the higher level the entire time, but never seen any comments about reaching higher levels after the last night.)

From what I'm reading if you are going to reach the next level during your cruise you will receive your new status benefits on the first day of that cruise.

Is the past guest party on every cruise? We have a four nighter (Thurs to Mon) at the end of the month on the Victory. I thought I had heard it had to be a certain number of nights.