Recommendations for Island Tour Land and water...

james2025a

I see that Carnival do a combo tour around the island, but not sure how great it is. Can anyone recommend any tours that do an island tour both on land and by water. I really want to see the Pitons as nicely as possible. Sounds like a lot of tours on water simply give you as distant view of them.

Subscribing, as I just posted a similar inquiry concerning private Land/Sea tours compared to the one offered by RCL. Private tours are typically preferable, but I sometimes worry when it's a full day excursion. A friend recently booked a private excursion and nearly missed the ship. I've read similar reviews, but they all involved the same tour operator. I suspect others are more responsible.

I see that Carnival do a combo tour around the island, but not sure how great it is. Can anyone recommend any tours that do an island tour both on land and by water. I really want to see the Pitons as nicely as possible. Sounds like a lot of tours on water simply give you as distant view of them.

Our party of seven did a tour by boat with Herod on June 26th. This was one of the best tours we have ever done. We spent time at Jalousie beach which is at the base of the Pitons. The snorkeling is great there. On the way back to the ship we saw many interesting places. They provide lunch which is made by Herod's Mother. The food was fantastic!! Coke, water, beer and Rum punch were provided . Great price too. I would be happy to do this tour again if returning to St. Lucia. You can get more info from their website.

Our party of seven did a tour by boat with Herod on June 26th. This was one of the best tours we have ever done. We spent time at Jalousie beach which is at the base of the Pitons. The snorkeling is great there. On the way back to the ship we saw many interesting places. They provide lunch which is made by Herod's Mother. The food was fantastic!! Coke, water, beer and Rum punch were provided . Great price too. I would be happy to do this tour again if returning to St. Lucia. You can get more info from their website.

There are many operators for a land/sea tour including Herod's, Spencer Ambrose, Real St Lucia Tours, Serenity TVL, Barefoot holidays, Solar Tours, St Lucia Best Experience Tours, and so on. The all follow pretty much the same route and same stops, with lunch and drinks, entrance fees, beach at Jalousie, etc. All are pretty darn good. Enjoy your visit.

I second Herod. I used him in January and thought the tour was great. I would definately book with Herod again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yankee I was going to book with Spencer, but I just realized it's an option of either the volcano tour or mud baths, not both. Which did you do? I want to do the mud baths very much but am I missing something by not seeing the volcano??

Yankee I was going to book with Spencer, but I just realized it's an option of either the volcano tour or mud baths, not both. Which did you do? I want to do the mud baths very much but am I missing something by not seeing the volcano??

The volcano was very cool but it was truly something you just show up, look at, and go. This is good in the sense that it gives you more time to spend at Jalousie which is amazing. There is GREAT snorkeling right off the beach.

This is the tour we did: http://spencerambrose.com/island-tours/spencers-land-and-sea-adventure1/

When we booked he had an option to "create your own tour" and would maybe do that again if you shot him a message. Personally I would have been ok with skipping the beginning of the tour (a bit in town, a church, etc.) in lieu of seeing the mud baths if that was something I didn't want to miss. I'm not sure if this is an option but it doesn't hurt to ask!

There is SO MUCH to see in St. Lucia... not enough time to enjoy it all!

Have a fantastic trip!!!