Oriana X505

Active8

Hi Alison

We are also on this cruise and a bit frustrated at the change of dates as all holiday already booked. I suppose should be thankful it's only 2 days and that we are not losing any days, which I assume is going to happen to one of Oriana's other cruises prior to this one, to enable them to bring the cruise forward. They have also cancelled all excursions and they will have to be re-booked once the new dates are confirmed.

Still looking forward to it though

Steve

Just got my letter and was so excited to think there was going to be a solar eclipse on our cruise , as was my husband and son. Looked online and It is the next cruise so very disappointed. I have not received an e-mail yet about my excursions and I also hope I will be able to book the same excursions.

The eclipse is on the 20th so bringing the dates forward will put Oriana between Stavanger and Tromso instead of Southampton and Stavanger had they stuck to the original dates. It is annoying they have cancelled all the excursions as I am sure they will all still run so why they could not transfer to new dates without the hassle is beyond me no doubt mad rush when they all go back online!. I am waiting to see the post from disgruntled passengers to say their cruise has been shortened by 2 days which must appear at some stage my guess is the 17 nighter which departs on 6th Feb.

My booking ref was changed last year for a different reason entirely and all my excursions were cancelled, refunded and had to be rebooked. I think their system is such that they have to refund and rebook rather than transfer - but it was all very speedy and efficient.

I am sure it will be the same for you and I am sure you will get back on your chosen excursions once they have set dates without a problem especially as you already have a place and it was their plans that changed not yours.

Edited by Scriv

I'm hoping so though am more concerned now having received another email to show they've completely changed the booking number & I'm on a waitlist for a cabin grade.

Am confused as I'd actually picked a cabin when I'd booked last year - I would have thought that they wouldn't have changed passengers cabins/ allocation as its the same boat, were just moving 2 days forward.

Alison

I'm not on this cruise but just interested why it was changed? Was it due to the eclipse?

I have real trouble getting holiday times changed at my work so it would be a nightmare for me if a cruise date was changed....

Yes the dates were changed by 2 days so that Oriana will be in a better position for the solar eclipse on 20th March. They have shortened the cruise prior to ours to 10 days to accommodate the change of dates for the 2 Arctic Circle cruises.

So I have received two emails today one which has put me on a wait list to see if they can offer me the cabin grade.

Then I have another email which is for the booking confirmation and a new booking reference

Edited by taylor1998

Yes the dates were changed by 2 days so that Oriana will be in a better position for the solar eclipse on 20th March. They have shortened the cruise prior to ours to 10 days to accommodate the change of dates for the 2 Arctic Circle cruises.

Ooh thank you. I wouldn't be too happy if I was on the shortened cruise!

We are booked on the cruise which now starts on the 17th March.

We seem to be starting port visits with Torshaven on the 20th (solar eclipse day), then go off to Tromso and Alta one day later than planned, then visit both Bergen and Stavanger on the return.

I have just been able to log in to the cruise personaliser using the original booking ref and excursions seem to be there, but on sea days! It also looks as though some trips are bookable, but when we are not now due to be in port.

In other words chaos so changes are obviously being done.

Edited by tring

Just an update have received more emails today to do with the refunds for excursions I can also log on to cruise personaliser but not able to book any shore excursions yet as they are not available.

Yes I've received quite a few emails, including confirmation of the cancelled excursions & refund. I've also had 2 new booking confirmations, both of which have the wrong remaining balance amount on!!

Alison

Just got our booking confirmation for X506N (as it is now) and it says we are booked on a guarantee and deck level to be arranged!! We booked a freedom fare.

Rang P&O pronto and have been told the cabin numbers and other details (OBC and free parking) will be ammended in due course and will remain the same.

• 3 weeks later...

We too are booked on X505 and have received a letter regarding the change of date to accommodate the solar eclipse on the following cruise. Fortunately we are flexible with our holiday dates but not happy about this change. When we enquired about transferring our booking to X506 we were quoted an extra £1,000 for the same package (where does this come from?) so needless to say have stayed with our original booking!

I am somewhat concerned by all the talk of excursions already being booked for this trip. We have no information on any trips and cannot find any - help please!

Currently unable to access CP - surely P&O could have sorted this out by now.

This will only be our second cruise, so still finding our way around the cruise world and any tips greatly appreciated.

We too are booked on X505 and have received a letter regarding the change of date to accommodate the solar eclipse on the following cruise. Fortunately we are flexible with our holiday dates but not happy about this change. When we enquired about transferring our booking to X506 we were quoted an extra £1,000 for the same package (where does this come from?) so needless to say have stayed with our original booking!

I am somewhat concerned by all the talk of excursions already being booked for this trip. We have no information on any trips and cannot find any - help please!

Currently unable to access CP - surely P&O could have sorted this out by now.

This will only be our second cruise, so still finding our way around the cruise world and any tips greatly appreciated.

Hi Sisterscope

Yes lucky for me I could also change my holidays at work. I had an email yesterday to say that the trips were available from 4pm this afternoon. I was able to book via cruise personalised at about 6pm ish - so I'd give it another go.

£1,000 seems a bit steep to change when it was their decision to change it!

The trips I looked at seemed exactly the same as the ones I'd already booked so cannot understand why P&O couldn't just transfer people's bookings to new dates & offer passengers to cancel if they didn't suit??

This will be my first cruise on my own, though am really looking forward to it :)

Alison

. When we enquired about transferring our booking to X506 we were quoted an extra £1,000 for the same package (where does this come from?) so needless to say have stayed with our original booking!

Seeing as they have changed the dates, can you not get a refund?

You could then book the later cruise? I am also looking at x506

:mad: Hi, been trying cruise personaliser off and on and thanks to this forum found that the excursions are back online. Tried to rebook one I had booked previously only to find it aready waitlisted,