shuttle in Ibiza?

rodan

We will be in Ibiza in August on the Insignia-do they provide a shuttle and if so where to in the port? Also what about Valencia?

Thanks,

Rodan

Ibiza is a tiny island you dont need a shuttle..and they have the BEST purse store ever there

Jancruz1

When we were in Ibiza with Oceania you did need a shuttle as the ship was berthed a long way from town.

Yes Oceania or the port provided one.

Yes, that was our experience as well.

Note that Insignia *might* dock some where closer than Riviera.

Riviera docked further away than I would like to walk. hot, dry, gravelly, unpleasant walk.

On our return we did meet a family walking back who had gone to find nearby area to swim.

Seems the walk back was twice as long as the walk to the beach

tip for getting from the pier:

there were long lines waiting in no shade for the shuttle bus. we shared the first taxi that came down the pier. highly recommend taking a taxi out.

We took it to the top of the hill and had a long pleasant walk down.

Some drivers do not want to go to the top entrance and will drop you at a lower entrance to walls. resist that.

Otherwise you then will walk up the hill and back down perhaps the same route.

the bigger tip:

if you do take a taxi from the ship but want to stroll the waterfront later and take the shuttle back, find out where the shuttle picks up *before* you leave the ship. I know it is the obvious thing to do but if you forget you will understand the meaning of hindsight with renewed clarity. Personal experience.

tip 3. if you do take the shuttle bus back depending on how many fellow pax queue up at the same time, there may be a bit of a wait especially if you cant board the next to arrive.

There is no shade; bring a hat and bring water.

We assisted an elderly gentleman who had to stop en route to the bus pick up spot. by the time he got on the bus I suspect he would have visited the ships medical centre on his arrival.

We did run into him a few days later and all was well but it could have been worse. bottom line is be prepared for no shade, no water (there are many vendors in the commercial areas of course), lots of heat, lots of walking.

in case this reads otherwise we did enjoy our visit.

Edited by YoHoHo

Please share more info like name and location?

Thanks

Gigi

On Ibiza, assuming you are buying a knock-off, if you want to buy a purse be sure to bring your (full) wallet. It is quite chic there.

Perhaps jancruz1 has a good source, often does have interesting, knowledgeable suggestions

Edited by YoHoHo

On Ibiza, assuming you are buying a knock-off, if you want to buy a purse be sure to bring your (full) wallet. It is quite chic there.

Perhaps jancruz1 has a good source, often does have interesting, knowledgeable suggestions

Thanks for the kind words YoHoHo!!

Lilli makes her own purses..she closes for 6 months to make them and is open 6 months to sell them..They are leather with needlepoint inserts, (I dont think she does the needlepoint) there are all kinds of sizes..I buy the small ones that hold makeup and give them as gifts..and the evening bags I have about 7 to take on cruises for dinner..

She is very reasonable in price..I havent been there in a few years so I dont know the prices now..

The store is called Lucky One she is Lilli

You walk up to the old town, over the bridge up a small hill and make a sharp left turn..her store is on the right about 3 or 4 stores up..Im sure if you ask around someone will know her..please tell you the lady that took her on the cruise ship Jan sends regards..I was able to take her on Regatta one year..her first time on a ship..

She is open 11am to 1:30pm the address on her card is Ignacio Riquer No 23 C Dalt Villa

Have a great time..this a fun place!!! Enjoy

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz