Just off the Explorer 9 day 6/19-6/28.. Any questions?

Day 2 and 8 were formal. All others Casual.

I have the daily compasses, if I ever get around to scanning them.

there were no "semi-formal nights" as i thought i read somewhere?

I would be most grateful for scans (or a fax) of the Daily Compasses.

We're going on the same itinerary in September, so I'm very interested in hearing about your experiences. Thanks for starting this thread!

What did you like best about the Explorer, and what would you improve? What kind of shape are the cabins in?

there were no "semi-formal nights" as i thought i read somewhere?

I would be most grateful for scans (or a fax) of the Daily Compasses.

I believe the first night was "semi-formal" if I'm not mistaken... I'll have to check the Compass. I know Portofino's is either "smart casual" or 'semi-formal" every evening. And only $20 pp the first night of the cruise.

I was on the same cruise. We enjoyed the cruise a lot! But there were some things that have deteriorated through the years.....this was my 6th or 7th cruise on the Explorer since 2010, so my perspective will differ because I have seen the Explorer in a much better shape and with better management......and certainly with more better quality of food! But these things do not ruin a cruise for me...we had a great time! For the first timer, the ship is WOW...you will be busy enjoying everything onboard to even notice anything! so no worries.

We had a balcony on deck 9. Room was kept clean and our room attendent was fantastic. But the room did show its age....chipped furniture, rust in the bathroom, some broken fixtures; just little things......all in need of some TLC. We had a bubble TV with very limited channels....we never used it much so cannot complain! We did not care for the food in the MDR, because to us it was the same with no variety or taste.....but I promise you won't go hungry on any cruise. We prefered the food in the Windjammer...plenty of variety and taste for different palates.

Disembarkation was very chaotic and mismanaged...my serious advice...do not do the easy walk off/express unless your suitcase is as small as a carry on; and relax don't rush out till your departure number is called.

We have two more crusies booked on the Explorer before she goes to Florida. I know the dry dock is not scheduled anytime soon.......I beleive it is next year after her Florida cruises and before she goes away to the other part of the world. Let's hope she holds it together till then. Still my favorite ship in the fleet!

Edited by Arzeena

Hi, can you tell me if the tv has the ship cam channel? I will be in an inside cabin for the first time (and first time with RCCL) and heard how dark the cabin can get. I'd like to be able to keep the tv on the cam channel so I can tell what time of the day it is lol. TIA!

Hi, can you tell me if the tv has the ship cam channel? I will be in an inside cabin for the first time (and first time with RCCL) and heard how dark the cabin can get. I'd like to be able to keep the tv on the cam channel so I can tell what time of the day it is lol. TIA!

It does! It shows the bow of the ship.

We were on the same cruise (and roll call!). A great cruise, with only the disembarkation creating issues.

Not going to hijack your thread, but I have a semi-review with pictures somewhere a page or two down. We also did the behind the scenes tour, which although expensive, was really amazing!

We were on the same cruise (and roll call!). A great cruise, with only the disembarkation creating issues.

Not going to hijack your thread, but I have a semi-review with pictures somewhere a page or two down. We also did the behind the scenes tour, which although expensive, was really amazing!

I saw them! Great photos! I'm really struggling with getting back into "reality."

I saw them! Great photos! I'm really struggling with getting back into "reality."

I thought the cruise was "reality"? Are you telling me I picked the wrong pill????:)

The transatlantic cruise when Explorer goes to dry dock in Cadiz is a non-revenue cruise.

Thanks

Thought so Bob!

I was just checking before I made my bookings.

I have just booked on the first cruises on the repositionings of Serenade of the Seas to Copenhagen (New Orleans - Boston) and Legend of the Seas to Brisbane Australia:D (Panama Canal) April 2015.