Surprises for me?

Marseydotes

I am considering a 2015 HAL cruise San Diego to Sydney including Hawaii and Fiji. The itinerary sounds wonderful to me, with lots of sea days to relax. We have recently only been on Oceania, where most things are included. Can you fill me in on what may surprise me about HAL on the Noordam? Is the signature suite worth the extra cost?

Thanks for offering your opinions!

All the food in the Lido and dining room -- breakfast, lunch and dinner -- are included in your cruise fare. All the coffee, tea, breakfast juices, milk, lemonade or fruit punch in the Lido are included in your cruise fare. Regular coffee and tea and milk in the dining room is included in your cruise fare. The Dive-In for burgers and hot dogs are included in your fare.

There is popcorn at the movies -- you have already paid for it.

Never having sailed on Oceana so I don't know what is included in their cruise fares.

Our first 2 cruises were on Oceania. Our last 6 have been on HAL.

You have to pay for espresso and specialty coffees on HAL. Also the specialty restaurants on HAL are extra.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cocktails are a lot less expensive on HAL than on Oceania, as is the daily service charge.

Seating at specialty restaurants is limited to your party; there is no sharing of tables.

HAL still has a fixed seating at dinner option, with two choices of time, as well as an open seating option.

I have not sailed under the new Dive-In concept, so don't know how that food is, but the old Terrace Grill had nothing on Oceania's Waves. From what I have read about the Dive-in, it isn't as good as Waves, either (it would be hard to be, I know).