Taxes and fees

When looking at my paperwork from my TA, I notice the taxes and fees are different for each traveler. But, in doing a fake booking thru RCI, I see that each person is charged $118.47. Some of mine are over $300. each. Can anyone give me a reason why this could be before I confront my TA?

Do the taxes and fees change according to the category, date, ship etc?

Do they charge twice the fee for a solo cruiser?

I believe that one TA's will also include non commissionable fees in that total whereas RCI does not. Just compare the final price.Solo cruiser is usually twice the price but only single taxes and fees, again only RCI taxes and fees.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Ken is correct that many TA's pricing breakdown will show different itemized pricing categories than the cruise line which just shows the total stateroom fare plus a separate combined taxes & fees amount.

The total from each should be the same, regardless of how the accounting s configured. As indicated, the best way to confirm the total price is to do a mock booking through the RCI website for your sailing (making sure you check off all the potential applicable residence, etc., discounts) and compare that total to the TA total. They should be the same. The other way to check is to call RCI for a total on your itinerary.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

You dont actually need to do a mock booking. You can request your TA send you a Guest Copy of the confirmation directly from Royal Caribbean. No reputable TA would refuse such a request because the bottom dollar amount SHOULD be the same - even if it breaks down differently.

You dont actually need to do a mock booking. You can request your TA send you a Guest Copy of the confirmation directly from Royal Caribbean. No reputable TA would refuse such a request because the bottom dollar amount SHOULD be the same - even if it breaks down differently.

Also correct and a good way to confirm the pricing. :)

NOTE that the current taxes & fees shown during a mock booking may be different than what is being charged for a previously made reservation. I have had a number of cruises where the taxes & fees went up after I made my reservation, but my taxes & fees were apparently grandfathered in and did not change. I have never seen taxes & fees go down (not saying it doesn't ever happen, but I've not seen it).

Thom

NOTE that the current taxes & fees shown during a mock booking may be different than what is being charged for a previously made reservation. I have had a number of cruises where the taxes & fees went up after I made my reservation, but my taxes & fees were apparently grandfathered in and did not change. I have never seen taxes & fees go down (not saying it doesn't ever happen, but I've not seen it).

Thom

When taxes & fees go down you will see a credit to your shipboard account.