Would you gamble the $400??

PDsandman01

Sailing on Carnival Breeze in September.

I'm in an interior vista deck room that I like but for $400 more I can gamble on a guaranteed balcony.

I know we'd love the balcony but is it worth chancing a cove under the galley or on a balcony on deck 6 above the Lanai deck? At most I'd see those as a minor inconvenience and I wouldn't mind either so there's no bad balconies to me.

I'd be switching from early saver to super saver. Should I wait until after final payment to see if SS drops more? Our original room is $300 more than I booked.

Had my first balcony last week.....LOVED it. But I am not a gambling on my room kind of girl, I'd be the one who got the absolute worst cabin on the ship. If you don't care where your room is then I would probably do it if the price is right for you.

Depends on the length of the cruise... 10+ days... definitely... but me/wife, we do interiors since we only spend time in the room to sleep and change. Otherwise, out and about on the ship.

So, no. I would use the $400 for something else like excursions.

Steve

$400 is a lot of money. I can go on another cruise for that. I wouldn't risk getting stuck in a room I absolutely hate - balcony or not AND having to pay more. So no I wouldn't do it. Now, if I could save $400 by doing a guarantee, then i just might jump on it.

For $400, no. I moved from ES and other combined rates to the Pack-n-go rate and was able to get all 4 rooms in our party balcony guarantees for between $100-$250. We're not in the room much, but do like to sit on the balcony do take naps, have drinks or coffee, and to take photos. The price on our cruise was rising prior to final payment, and then has dropped several times with different sales/promo rates since then.

I'd save that $400 for other things and enjoy the room you have. At least you know where you are and shouldn't have noises keeping you awake. I hope you have a fabulous cruise.:D

I would save the $400, a balcony guarantee is not worth that price. Even if you could pick your balcony, I'd hold out until about a month before and keep watching prices. Make a decision by then, because eventually Carnival will start calling people for upsells and then you will find there will be no balconies anywhere.

I booked deck 6 Balcony over the Lanai on purpose and loved it, I am not sure why people would think that was a bad place to be. And a cove balcony is on my bucket list, I think sometimes people fuss just for the sake of fussing. The worst balcony on the boat is still pretty good for stargazing and extended moments of zen after the sun goes down.

For what it's worth, in my opinion the newer ships like the Breeze don't have as many "bad" cabins. Better sound insulation and design mean even the less optimal balconies are probably fine for all but the most picky. But $400 to move from an inside to a balcony doesn't sound like any special deal to me.