How does dining work at Nachi Cocom?

crazy4themouse

Sorry if this is a stupid question... I've never done an AI like Nachi Cocom before. :o

I was just wondering how food works there -- Is there a set window of time for lunch, or can you order here and there as you want something? Is there some limit over the course of the day, like 1 appetizer, 1 entree, etc.?

Thanks for any info! So excited about going to Nachi in February!! :D

-gina-

Ask your waiter for a menu when you are hungry - you can eat at your lounger by the beach, up by the pool, or in the dining area near the bar.

We usually ask for some chips/salsa/guacamole early and then head up to the pool for lunch. It is supposed to be a 4 course meal per guest, counting dessert but the courses are huge and I have never made it to dessert.

Take care of your waiter and he will take care of you. :cool:

Ask your waiter for a menu when you are hungry - you can eat at your lounger by the beach, up by the pool, or in the dining area near the bar.

We usually ask for some chips/salsa/guacamole early and then head up to the pool for lunch. It is supposed to be a 4 course meal per guest, counting dessert but the courses are huge and I have never made it to dessert.

Take care of your waiter and he will take care of you. :cool:

That sounds perfect! We were hoping we didn't have to eat a big 4-course meal all at once. I'm afraid we'd fall asleep on the beach and miss the ship, LOL.

And I'm a big believer in taking care of people nice enough to serve me food and drinks. :)

Thanks for the quick reply!

-gina-

Granted it was 3 years ago the last time we went to Nachi, but we had a group of 6 of us and our waiter just kept bringing us food as we requested it. We had chips and guac, shrimp, ceviche, etc. and when he came past, if one of us was hungry, we ordered. Were never limited, but I definitly did not order more than three times, so not sure if they do limit.

We also did some appetizer splitting. It was all delish. It's order off the menu and not buffet style.

We also did some appetizer splitting. It was all delish. It's order off the menu and not buffet style.

Appetizer sharing is common - my wife and kids typically "share" mine. :o

My group visited Nachi Cocum in May when we sailed on Navigator of the Seas. It has to be the best beach day that I've ever experienced. We got Margaritas, beers, and bottled water when we arrived. And our waiter (I think he was Carlos), kept the drinks coming.

Around 11-ish, we ordered tortilla chips, salsa, and guac. Probably the best guacamole I've tasted, and it kept us full for awhile. Around 12:30 Carlos brought the menus and we each ordered a different dish, and there was SO much food that we were able to all share. Delicious food....somebody had enchiladas, somebody else had fish tacos, there were chicken strips/fries, lots of rice and refried beans. Yummy food...and NO, there wasn't any thought of ordering dessert!

Thanks for all the replies! My bf is going to be VERY excited about the guacamole - so many reviews I've read have mentioned how good it is. We're so excited about our day at Nachi Cocom! Only 215 more days 'til we sail!! :D

-gina-

Thanks for all the replies! My bf is going to be VERY excited about the guacamole - so many reviews I've read have mentioned how good it is. We're so excited about our day at Nachi Cocom! Only 215 more days 'til we sail!! :D

-gina-

We are sailing on the Carnival legend in a few weeks and I feel so unprepared. I always have everything planned out and this time not so. How did you book Nachi Cocom? I have two kids 19 and 16 and they love food and fun.

We are sailing on the Carnival legend in a few weeks and I feel so unprepared. I always have everything planned out and this time not so. How did you book Nachi Cocom? I have two kids 19 and 16 and they love food and fun.

Just google Nachi Cocom.com and you should get the website. They require 25% down with the booking and the remaining payment when you get there. Be forewarned - they only take 100 people a day! For your kids, you can rent jet skis or take a snorkel trip for extra $!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

Your two teens may find Nachi a bit quiet for their tastes - compare to Mr. Sanchos which offers water toys, etc.

With teens I would definitely look into one of the other places... My son and I have always gone to Paradise Beach along with his best friend, and the older they both got the more they loved PB. He is 18 now and we were there again in February -- there is so much to do at PB, they had a ball.

I'm looking forward to Nachi Cocom so much for that very reason -- there isn't near as much for kids and teens to do, and a nice quiet day on a gorgeous beach appeals to the bf and I very much at this point! :D

We have been there twice and never made it to desert. We went about 3 months apart, the people remembered us. One of the best excursions I have been on.

It may be a a little quiet for the teens, but we love it.

I think the balance has to be in cash, but I am not 100% positive on that

Do it online, it's easy. That's what I did. They can send you a confirmation to your e-mail address of choice. Only a deposit for each person is required at booking, and the balance is paid in cash when you arrive. Speaking of cash, make certain that you bring enough of it just in case you want to pay for activities: i.e. parasailing, jetskiing, banana boating, souvenirs, photos, etc. When we were there just this past May, Nachi Cocum was not accepting credit/debit cards for purchases.

With teens I would definitely look into one of the other places... My son and I have always gone to Paradise Beach along with his best friend, and the older they both got the more they loved PB. He is 18 now and we were there again in February -- there is so much to do at PB, they had a ball.

I'm looking forward to Nachi Cocom so much for that very reason -- there isn't near as much for kids and teens to do, and a nice quiet day on a gorgeous beach appeals to the bf and I very much at this point! :D

Thanks for the info. I will look into Paradise Beach also. Did you book that online and was it all inclusive? Do any of the all inclusive include the ride from the port or do you need to take a taxi?

This sounds like absolutely the perfect excursion. Question. What is the cost for the excursion and what is included. From the sounds of everyone's reviews I'm planning to take my daughter in November thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I will look into Paradise Beach also. Did you book that online and was it all inclusive? Do any of the all inclusive include the ride from the port or do you need to take a taxi?

Paradise beach is pay-as-you-go; admission is $5 each and includes chair rental; water toys are extra - check their web site for details. Bring cash - using a credit card there coomes with a mandatory "tip-fee" of about 20% :eek: Taxi each way (for up to 4 in a cab) will run about $16+tip each way.

I do not know of any beach club that includes transportation - taxis are easy, cheap and well regulated (something I cannot say about Philadelphia! :mad:)

This sounds like absolutely the perfect excursion. Question. What is the cost for the excursion and what is included. From the sounds of everyone's reviews I'm planning to take my daughter in November thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All of your answers are at http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

Taxi each way will be about $16+tip (for up to 4 in the cab).

All of your answers are at http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

Taxi each way will be about $16+tip (for up to 4 in the cab).

...unless of course you've got 6 people, like we did. Taxi cost $32 each way!!! Really?!? :confused: Oh well, that's okay, 'cause it didn't ruin a fabulous day at Nachi Cocum. We agreed that we'd do it again, and again!