Crown to Mexico

Cozzette2

We are cruising to the Mexican Riviera next April and are checking out cabins and locations. We usually book a balcony but because it is the Riviera and not the Caribbean we are going to book an ocean view cabin.

It is early out and there are tons of options, but we are wondering about the Plaza deck ? It seems conveniently located to the atrium and dinning room. Has anyone booked on this deck and what did you think ? This is a wedding trip and there are a small group of us traveling so maybe some insides and some ocean view. We are so excited to be cruising again, it has been 4 years.

We are cruising to the Mexican Riviera next April and are checking out cabins and locations. We usually book a balcony but because it is the Riviera and not the Caribbean we are going to book an ocean view cabin.

It is early out and there are tons of options, but we are wondering about the Plaza deck ? It seems conveniently located to the atrium and dinning room. Has anyone booked on this deck and what did you think ? This is a wedding trip and there are a small group of us traveling so maybe some insides and some ocean view. We are so excited to be cruising again, it has been 4 years.

Yes Plaza deck is very convienent to the Piazza.

Its usually quiet too. Just make sure you don't have a triple/quad cabin because the bunks will be hanging off the wall and in the way even when folded up.

There should be a key on the deck plans showing the 3rd/4th person rooms.

If you had mention 'Plaza Deck' in the thread title you would see several pages of posts that those are the best located cabins on the ship. But I dissent. Got "upgraded" from an obstructed view on Emerald Deck to an ocean view on Plaza for 10 days on Star Princess and found it a huge PITA to have to walk through the Art Gallery--where they are constantly moving stuff around--to get to and from the cabin. Location is good for dinner only if you have Anytime Dining; to get to the Traditional Dining Room from a Deck 5 cabin you have to go up to Deck 7, walk all the way aft and then go down to Deck 6.

I've been on the Crown Coastal and will be on the Golden, in April, going to Mexico for 10 days.

I love the Mini Suites onboard the Crown and have picked another one onboard the Golden. The best ones are on Emerald Deck aft. The very first ones have a wrap-around veranda which are huge. You can see all views out the side and even watch the wake. I'd book these over and over again. They're also covered decks.

I've seen the Plaza Deck cabins and although they're close to the International Café/Piazza and a lot of other goings on onboard, they are a half a ship away from the dining room and theatre. Hey, no matter which cabin you call "home" none of them are close to EVERYTHING! There's always a walk involved to any given venue.

Pick the cabin type you like best and then pick the locale. As long as you don't have scraping chairs above you or some congo drums beneath you, you're good!

Plaza deck cabin we had was great. Just try and get one as close to center of ship as possible. It makes for a smoother ride. Also was a dead end hallway so not a lot of kids running around. Walking through the art gallery was not an issue with us. We like to walk so not an issue with location.

Thanks for all the replies. Last cruise we had a mid ship balcony on the Carib deck. It was far away from everything. Everything was either up or down front or back lol. The upside, lots of exercise. I am sure that no matter what we choose as long as it isn't under or over scraping chairs or thumping bass we will have the time of our lives.

I have sailed in an ocean view, Plaza deck cabin and loved it. I never had any issues with the art gallery at all. I loved the fact that I could grab an easy, quick cup of coffee in the morning and then back to my cabin to get ready. It was also a nice location when returning from port. Just up a flight of stairs and on Plaza deck. I found the location to be very, very quiet. My cabin was about in the middle of the cabins on the deck so the ride was smooth.

I just checked some previous posts on staying on the plaza deck and there are a ton of them. It seems like most people love that deck. I also read that they have become more coveted and more expensive. My TA is out until after the 4th so I will have lots of questions for her when she gets back. So, thanks for all the great info.

I just checked some previous posts on staying on the plaza deck and there are a ton of them. It seems like most people love that deck. I also read that they have become more coveted and more expensive. My TA is out until after the 4th so I will have lots of questions for her when she gets back. So, thanks for all the great info.

You will enjoy Plaza deck. ;)