Celebrity Reflection Ports

njoysun

We are booked in an Aqua Spa Balcony Eastern Caribbean in November.

San Juan, Martinique, St. Thomas

We had considered a similar cruise on NCL that went to Nassau instead of San Juan. Is San Juan a decent port of call?

Edited by Host Kat >^..^<
thread moved to the correct forum

As a relatively new member, it takes some time to get accustomed to navigating these forums...

You have mistakenly posted two questions regarding Celebrity Cruises' Reflection on the Celebration Cruise Line's forum... They are not the same cruise line and you are not apt to get responses here...

Suggest that you post your question regarding the spa on the Celebrity Cruises forum--it's discussed there frequently--and that you access the Puerto Rico section of the Ports Of Call forum to learn about visiting San Juan [you'll find comments there from members who have visited from many cruise lines; there is nothing unique about the port that is attributable to having sailed there with Celebrity or specifically aboard Reflection]...

You will easily find both of those forums from the appropriate Cruise Critic Home Page...

I happen to think that Reflection is a wonderful ship associated with a terrific cruise line... And for what it's worth, I'd personally sail to San Juan over Nassau--much more to see/much more to do--any day of the week...

Whatever you decide, enjoy your cruise!

I have never been to Nassau but we have been to San Juan twice. I really like walking around this port and last year we went up the the Fort which was really interesting. There seems to be quite a few excusions if you would like to do something like that.

Definitely San Juan over Nassau. My description of Nassau is the place where ships dump their garbage and empty the toilets before going to a real port next.

Not a fan of Nassau at all.

We are booked in an Aqua Spa Balcony Eastern Caribbean in November.

San Juan, Martinique, St. Thomas

We had considered a similar cruise on NCL that went to Nassau instead of San Juan. Is San Juan a decent port of call?

Definitely a vote for San Juan; one of my favorite US territory's and port of call. Full of historical sites, great places to stop for a cool one, it is a walker's paradise along the Princessesa except for the cobbled stone streets. Don't miss the churches, the Silver Alter, the many parks, etc. Take the free tourist trolley up to the fort El Morro and walk downhill from there.

I've stayed on Paradise Island and enjoyed it there, but Old San Juan beats it by a mile.

Edited by Nanatravel

San Juan over Nassau. Not a fan of Nassau at all. Also the Reflection does not cruise to Martinique. I think you're cruise includes a stop in St. Maarten. The Reflection is a beautiful ship. :)

Oh YES! If it is the regular Eastern Reflection sailing that is it! Oh, and 3 most wonderful days at sea too. We sailed that route last Nov, and the Reflection is the wifesters favorite ship.

I can only comment on San Juan. Really love that port. Great historical sites and very pretty old town.

The only drawback, in my mind, is (like many lines) you get there in the late afternoon (3 or 4??). And getting in that late limits your daylight exploring time.