Hump cabin 8088? Any thoughts?

Hmmm....I wonder why the RCI agent told me they couldn't bump us. She said they COULD offer an upgrade, but she it wasn't mandatory that we take it. I specifically want to be midship and wanted a hump cabin. And we ARE booking over a year ahead. Believe me, if there has been another cabin without Pullmans available online, I would have taken it. Do they cabins available over the phone that aren't shown online? As I mentioned, this was the cabin that RCI offered me from the onset. Now you've got me worried. Is this in fine print somewhere?

Linsifer, I am so sorry that I have worried you! That was truly not my intention. But rather I just want you to be aware that there is a slight chance that they could move you if they needed to recover the cabin for the extra bed. If they have told you they won't do that, then perhaps they have made some sort of notation that will protect you. In my case, there was no "promise" made to protect me. I just booked it online and found that even though it was a "triple" I was able to book it as a "double"...so I did! Less than a week before our sail date, when printing out my set sail pass, I noticed I had been moved :p I was so upset and when I called them they told me they had needed the cabin for a family of 3. (It would have at least been nice if they had told me rather than my stumbling across the change by chance). They had moved me to what THEY considered an upgrade (my booked cabin - 7688- was a category E2 and they moved me to a category D2) However, 7688 just happens to have the largest aft/corner balcony on the ship and they moved me to a standard balcony on the side of the ship. Not an upgrade in my opinion. But, water under the bridge! I had a great cruise and I knew that some family of 3 had a great vacation as well, on "my" big balcony. You will have a great cruise too! The likelihood of you being moved is pretty slim! I've been on almost 40 cruises and only had it happen once!

I've been on almost 40 cruises and only had it happen once!

Did they give you any obc for this? I just can't imagine why they would move someone without upgrading them, because a larger party wanted the room. Shouldn't they just tell the the larger party to watch for vacancies? or that the ship is sold out?

When I have called looking for rooms for my 2/3 party I have never been told they could move someone if I wanted a certain room.

In any case, for a lateral move against your wishes, they really should have given you something. That is bad customer service.