Laundromat in Whittier,AK?

greg_bradford

I'm taking a 7 day cruise from Vancouver to Whittier then returning on the same route, does anyone know where I can do laundry in Whittier, AK?

Thanks

There are actually two: one in the Begich Towers (tallest building where most of residents of Whittier live) and one at the Anchor Inn. Hope this helps.

You must be on NCL, since Princess has self-serve laundromats on board.

If it were me, I might rent a car for the day in Whittier and drive to Girdwood. Do your laundry, but also have time the rest of the day to explore Girdwood and the Portage Valley area. It is one of the most scenic areas of the state.

• 1 month later...
where can you rent a car in Whittier?

AVIS is the only vendor in Whittier. You go thru a tunnel on the outskirts of Whittier; be mindful of the tunnel hours as it is only open once an hour in each direction for cars.

Suggesting scenic drives in the area (within an hour of Whittier)

http://www.alaska.org/guide/turnagain-arm-drive

http://www.alaska.org/guide/portage-valley

Edited by mapleleaves

we rented a car for the 8th of September and are looking for a couple who want to share the cost to drive to the conservation center. First one to reply gets to go. I will give you my number after your reply.

Jeff and Chris of Tucson

we rented a car for the 8th of September and are looking for a couple who want to share the cost to drive to the conservation center. First one to reply gets to go. I will give you my number after your reply.

Jeff and Chris of Tucson

I'm assuming you are on the Sun? If you haven't you need to post this on the roll call. I am on that sailing as well.

Once again I am posting this. We are on the NCL Sun and have rented a car for the 8th of September. We are taking a drive to the Conservation Center and wanted to know if anyone is interested in sharing the car and the cost for the day. We are taking the ship from Vancouver to Whittier and returning on the Sun back to Vancouver. If you are interested, email me at gold4us21@comcast.net and we can make the arrangements we will be in cabin 8314 on both ways. Looking forward to a couple joining us.

Jeff and Chris of Tucson

Once again I am posting this. We are on the NCL Sun and have rented a car for the 8th of September. We are taking a drive to the Conservation Center and wanted to know if anyone is interested in sharing the car and the cost for the day. We are taking the ship from Vancouver to Whittier and returning on the Sun back to Vancouver. If you are interested, email me at gold4us21@comcast.net and we can make the arrangements we will be in cabin 8314 on both ways. Looking forward to a couple joining us.

Jeff and Chris of Tucson

Did you post this on the roll call? The Sun is the only ship in port so, you would reach more people.

You don't want to go yourselves? If you want a share perhaps, you might want to leave open where you go, or be more flexible?

Budget Queen on one of the last cruises of the season? More chances for rain, dark early. Surprised :D

Yeah, but, I'm on 7 Alaska cruises this year, with only 3 days of rain on the 4 I have already been on. I also did 3 weeks of mainland Alaska, with only another 3 days of rain. I posted, I expect at least 50% of the time to be rain on this upcoming trip. . So, I have the luxury of not caring what the weather is.