Celebrity Silhouette wine list....

midwestchick

DH has some Merlot on the Silhouette that he really enjoyed. It was a California wine but he cannot remember the name. Does anyone have the wine list from X Silhouette? I would imagine the wine lists are all the same for X ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sent from my iPad using Forums

2012 CELEBRITY CRUISES WINE LIST (PART I)

MAIN DINING ROOM

WINES BY THE GLASS

CHAMPAGNES & SPARKLING WINES

$ 7.00 – Fantinel, PROSECCO EXTRA BRUT, “Cuvee Prestige”, Italy

$ 14.50 – Domaine Chandon, ROSE, “Etoile”, California, USA

$ 9.00 – Domaine Chandon, BRUT, “Classic”, California, USA

$ 7.00 – Codorniu, CAVA BRUT, “Anna du Codorniu”, Spain

$ 18.00 – Perrier-Jouet, GRAND BRUT, Champagne, France

WHITE WINES

$ 12.00 – Conundrum, WHITE BLEND, California, USA

$ 7.00 – J&H Selbach, RIESLING, KABINETT, Mosel-Saar-Ruwer, Germany

$ 7.50 – Bollini, PINOT-GRIGIO, Trentino, Italy

$ 6.50 – Raimat, ALBARINO, “Castell de Raimat”, Costers Del Segre, Spain

$ 8.50 – Clifford Bay, SAUVIGNON BLANC, Marlborough, New Zealand

$ 6.00 – Jean-Luc Colombo, VIOGNIER, “La Violette”, Languedoc, France

$ 7.50 – Ken Forrester, CHENIN BLANC, Stellenbosch, South Africa

$ 9.00 – Anton Bauer, GRUNER VELTLINER, “Gmork”, Wagram, Austria

$ 11.00 – Michel Redde, POUILLY-FUME, “La Moynerier”, Loire, France

$ 16.00 – Grgich Hills, CHARDONNAY, Napa Valley, California, USA

$ 6.50 – St Francis Vineyards, CHARDONNAY, Sonoma County, California, USA

$ 8.50 – Celebrity Cruises, CHARDONNAY, “Cellar Master”, California, USA

BLUSH / ROSE WINES

$ 5.50 – Beringer, WHITE ZINFANDEL, California, USA

$ 7.00 – Jean-Luc Colombo, ROSE, “Cape Bleue”, Cotes de Provence, France

$ 5.50 – Torres, ROSADO, Catalunya, “Sangre de Toro de Casta”, Catalonia, Spain

RED WINES

$ 8.50 – Kendall-Jackson, PINOT NOIR, “Vintner’s Reserve”, California, USA

$ 17.00 – Ponzi, PINOT NOIR, Willamette Valley, Oregon, USA

$ 6.50 – Cune, TEMPRANILLO, Crianza, Rioja, Spain

$ 8.50 – Nozzole, CHIANTI CLASSICO, “Villa di Nozzole”, Tuscany, Italy

$ 7.50 – Rutherford Ranch, MERLOT, Napa Valley, California, USA

$ 7.00 – Montgras, CARMENERE, “Reserva”, Colchagua Valley, Chile

$ 8.50 – Celebrity Cruises, CABERNET SAUVIGNON, “Cellar Master” California, USA

$ 8.50 – Bodega Catena Zapata, MALBEC, “Catena”, Mendoza, Argentina

$ 12.00 – Dry Creek Vineyard, ZINFANDEL, “Old Vines”, Sonoma County, California, USA

$ 7.50 – Ross Estate, SHIRAZ, “Lights Out”, Barossa Valley, Australia

$ 10.00 – Yangarra Estate, GRENACHE, “Old Vines”, McLaren Vale, Australia

$ 10.00 – Chateau Castera, MEDOC CRU SUPERIEUR, Bordeaux, France

$ 16.00 – Freemark Abbey, CABERNET SAUVIGNON, Napa Valley, California, USA

$ 7.00 – Wente Vineyards, CABERNET SAUVIGNON “Heritage Blend”, San Francisco Bay, California, USA

LATE HARVEST WINES (Lush & Silky)

$ 26.00 – Peller Estates, VIDAL BLANC, Ice Wine, “Signature Series”, Niagara Peninsula, Ontario Canada

$ 8.00 – Barton & Guestier, SAUTERNES, Bordeaux, France

$ 12.00 – Pacific Rim, RIESLING, “Vin de Glaciere, Selenium Vineyard”, Columbia Valley, Washington, USA

$ 10.00 – Oremus, Late Harvest, TOKAJI, Hungary

FORTIFIED WINES (Rich & Refined)

$ 9.50 – Chateau de Jau, MUSCAT DE RIVESALTES, Roussillon, France

$ 6.00 – Fonseca, LATE-BOTTLED VINTAGE PORT, Porto, Douro, Portugal

$ 7.00 – Taylor Fladgate, TAWNY PORT, Porto, “10 Year Old”, Douro, Portugal

$ 13.00 – Taylor Fladgate, TAWNY PORT, Porto “20 Year Old”, Douro, Portugal

NON-ALCOHOLIC WINES

$ 5.00 – Fre by Sutter Home, SPARKLING, Brut, California, USA

$ 5.00 – Fre by Sutter Home, CHARDONNAY, California, USA

$ 5.00 – Fre by Sutter Home, PREMIUM RED, California, USA

$ 5.00 – Fre by Sutter Home, WHITE ZINFANDEL, California, USA

Thank you...I just found that one but the wine must have been in Ensemble Lounge only...he doesn't recall having it in the MDR.

He remembers something about Duck being in the name....tried to search ensemble lounge wine list but I did not find that.

I would be willing to bet it's from Duckhorn Vineyards. They have very very good merlots. Now which one it is, I would have no idea. There are two I particularly like although all of them I've tried have been exceptional, my two favorites are Paraduxx and Three Palms. Yum. Now I'm thirsty...

Edited to add: I just noticed the Paraduxx is a blend... not that I went to the wine rack to get a glass or anything :P

Edited by Rou-Dyliq

I would be willing to bet it's from Duckhorn Vineyards. They have very very good merlots. Now which one it is, I would have no idea. There are two I particularly like although all of them I've tried have been exceptional, my two favorites are Paraduxx and Three Palms. Yum. Now I'm thirsty...

Edited to add: "I just noticed the Paraduxx is a blend... not that I went to the wine rack to get a glass or anything" :P

Too funny.....;)

Thank you, thank you, thank you.:D Mystery solved and he recognized the bottle....I'll bet it was the Three Palms (somehow that rings a bell)...he said it was so good, it was the only thing he drank in Ensemble Lounge, except when he had his bourbon and water. I didn't see that vineyard on the wine list that Lynda posted though so maybe it's not in the MDR.

Honestly, I did not realize X served that expensive of a wine, although I'm sure they probably get it at a special cost.

Now I'm going to head over to the ACC forum...someone posted an updated wine list and I want to see if they serve it....they also serve some very good wines.

Now that we've solved the mystery, I don't think he'll be getting the wine any time soon. It's $95.00 a bottle. :eek:

I see the wine is a 2011....it would be nice to know if that was the year....it would really be fun to surprise him for our anniversary/his birthday/Christmas and so on :p ;).....LOL

You might check your local wine shops and maybe bev-mo. I did NOT pay that much for a bottle of wine. I like my wine, and I insist on quality, but I would never pay $95 for a bottle. I'm too miserly for that :P I got it on sale at a local wine shop during an event.

Oh and glad I could help solve the mystery. I remember there was a pinot noir like for me, took me a year to figure out which one it was, lol.

Edited by Rou-Dyliq

You might check your local wine shops and maybe bev-mo. I did NOT pay that much for a bottle of wine. I like my wine, and I insist on quality, but I would never pay $95 for a bottle. I'm too miserly for that :P I got it on sale at a local wine shop during an event.

Oh and glad I could help solve the mystery. I remember there was a pinot noir like for me, took me a year to figure out which one it was, lol.

We actually have friends in town from California and they have never heard of that vineyard...don't think they're too far from it, though. She does like her Pinot Noir and I actually picked up a bottle very reasonably priced that her, her hubby and DH really liked. Wish I could drink wine.

I've bought DH Pinot Noir...some are good, some not so good. I have a nephew that lives near Chicago...there is a lot of what we call liquor stores...I'll call him in the morning and see what he can find out.

If you found a sale, then I'm certain X does not pay that amount.

Yes, I'm happy you helped solve the mystery too. :D

You would be surprised how many live right in the middle of wine country and don't know about the many excellent boutique wineries this state has. Duckhorn is very well known for their merlots, but they are a boutique winery and don't produce a lot. The vintage I bought was the 2009 - although I don't think you can wrong with any of them. I did buy it here in California where it is less expensive than it would be in the Midwest. Main stream liquor stores in the Midwest very likely won't carry it but a specialty wine shop might be able to order it for you.

Good luck with finding it at a reasonable price. If you like I can check with my favorite wine shop next time I'm in town to see what they have and what it goes for.

Just to flag up that the prices of those wines by the glass has increased. Take the Bollini Pinot shown above at $7.50 plus 15%. On Eclipse in May that was $10.50 incl the 15% so take off the service charge and that would come out at $9.13. Im guessing most if not all of the other prices shown have increased too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to flag up that the prices of those wines by the glass has increased. Take the Bollini Pinot shown above at $7.50 plus 15%. On Eclipse in May that was $10.50 incl the 15% so take off the service charge and that would come out at $9.13. Im guessing most if not all of the other prices shown have increased too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was hoping for a current list as well

Ive read a few posts stating X is cutting back on options included in the classic package. Was hoping to see if there is merit to this info.

Anyone have a link to a current menu??

You would be surprised how many live right in the middle of wine country and don't know about the many excellent boutique wineries this state has. Duckhorn is very well known for their merlots, but they are a boutique winery and don't produce a lot. The vintage I bought was the 2009 - although I don't think you can wrong with any of them. I did buy it here in California where it is less expensive than it would be in the Midwest. Main stream liquor stores in the Midwest very likely won't carry it but a specialty wine shop might be able to order it for you.

Good luck with finding it at a reasonable price. If you like I can check with my favorite wine shop next time I'm in town to see what they have and what it goes for.

That would be very nice if you do that....how would we communicate the information? :confused:

You might also check the Decoy brand. This is also by Duckhorn but for quite a bit less than the regular Duckhorn label. They do a great merlot, but it is not vineyard specific like the Duckhorn label, probably half the retail price. Duckhorn and Decoy can be found at Total Wine and Bevmo.

• 3 weeks later...
That would be very nice if you do that....how would we communicate the information? :confused:

OK I finally checked with the wine shop and the best price he can get me on a Three Palms is for the 2010 vintage at $72. He also recommended the Decoy line as the poster above did as a more reasonable alternative without sacrificing much if anything in quality.

OK I finally checked with the wine shop and the best price he can get me on a Three Palms is for the 2010 vintage at $72. He also recommended the Decoy line as the poster above did as a more reasonable alternative without sacrificing much if anything in quality.

Thank you. DH and I have talked about it more...he thinks that's too expensive for a small bottle of wine....I will check the Decoy again.