What to do - Oasis 27 June 2015?

I'm sure this would be an easy decision for some, but as this cruise would be part of a bigger trip I'm after some advice.

Originally I thought we'd be travelling April/May but we've realised that's not possible so I'm pricing some cruises in June. What I know so far:

• We definitely want to go on the Oasis
  • I currently have room 10729 on hold
  • From what I read the Eastern itinerary is better
  • The total cost for my family of 4 is pretty expensive even with the BOGOHO sale, as it's part of a much bigger trip to the US - but going on the Oasis is likely to be a once only opportunity for us.

So my questions are:

1. Are the fares likely to drop in the next 12 months (there appears to be quite a few categories sold out already)
  2. In your experience would a drop be better than the price with the BOGOHO sale? To give you an idea, it's going to be approx $AU6200.
  3. If I book during the sale will I be eligible to take advantage of any prices drops?
  4. Will I be eligible for the price drop if booked from the Australian site?
  5. Is the room I have on hold a good one?

I did get a quote from a US agent too and including gratuities the price is really not that much different.

Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks

1. Yes - but the biggest savings will likely to be after final payment - the same sailing last week (6/28) had its lowest prices about 3 weeks before sailing

2. There will be other sales between now and sailing - but the overall price will likely fluctuate all the way to sailing

3. Booking in the US will get you all the price drops up till final payment (75 days from sailing)

4. Don't know

5. Depends on your priorities - look up the cabin reviews for feedback

I assume you know that pushing your trip into late June will increase both the cruise price and air fares.

Edited by kemenyg

#5- Cabin is a good one, we had 10329. We loved it:D. You have views of the ocean, aqua theater, boardwalk, rock climbing wall. The only negative is a long walk from elevators/stairs to cabin, but it was good exercise:)

1. Yes - but the biggest savings will likely to be after final payment - the same sailing last week (6/28) had its lowest prices about 3 weeks before sailing

2. There will be other sales between now and sailing - but the overall price will likely fluctuate all the way to sailing

3. Booking in the US will get you all the price drops up till final payment (75 days from sailing)

4. Don't know

5. Depends on your priorities - look up the cabin reviews for feedback

I assume you know that pushing your trip into late June will increase both the cruise price and air fares.

Thank you. I checked the conditions and looks like I can get the drops. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of choice in the dates because I need to also fit around school holidays in Australia and the mid-year break for visiting family in Louisiana. Totally get your point though so thanks :)

Thanks to Bob and kat144 for your input too. I was hoping what you said would be true and I didn't want to lose a room like that so I booked it. A little scared and excited because it means the whole trip is actually happening now. The cruise was being added in as a surprise for my husband and boys, so I'm glad I got what I'd be happy with too. Since our first cruise on the Radiance this year my boys have been cruise obsessed. Once we decided we were going to the US I just knew I'd regret it if I didn't get on either the Oasis or the Allure because it's unlikely we ever will again.

It's hard to be excited and also try to keep my cool so my family don't get suss. How on earth will I keep it from them for the next 357 days! :o :D

Edited by TeamH

You will NOT get price drops if you book in Australia. This is the main reason we use a US agent, plus we get some OBC

Good to know thanks. The conditions make it sound like you do. Oh well, it's booked now so I'll just have to go with it :)

I wouldn't be too concerned about eastern vs western Caribbean. Both are very nice! We happen to like Western better.

That's good to hear. The main reason I was favouring Eastern is for my older son who has been obsessed with aircraft all his life. I thought he'd get a kick from going to Maho Beach.

Edited by TeamH

That's good to hear. The main reason I was favouring Eastern is for my older son who has been obsessed with aircraft all his life. I thought he'd get a kick from going to Maho Beach.

Yes, Maho Beach is certainly a cool experience!

You may want to see the breakdown of the pricing for the 3rd and 4th in your cabin - if the average price is above the average for the first two passengers, then you may consider connecting or adjoining cabins (depending on your sons' ages, of course, and any other considerations), as it may be cheaper and provide more space AND bathrooms. Plus, in the case of price drops or other deals, you may enjoy twice the benefits using two cabins rather than one. Our US online TA has been quick and very accommodating for price drops and cabin moves, and I have used Royal's website to check cabin availability that for some reason does not show on their website.

That said, you have what I consider one of the unique Oasis class cabins you won't find on other ships with the view of the shows, and ports/sailaways from your balcony. I have a similar cabin booked for our upcoming cruise and doubt I would swap it even for a junior suite at this point (but an Aqua Theater suite...!)

And we were there when planes came in over Maho Beach on our Explorer cruise - they really are as low as they look! To see the island, you might want to book a private taxi so you can schedule that around landings.