Ncl copenhagenort to airport transfer

Haynecourt

Hi,

How much is the transfer from copenhagen port to airport?

How and where to book? Online as shore excursion, though i dont see that yet as an option? Or via guest relations/ concierge on ship?

If embarkation is at 8am, and our flight is at 12nn, what time will the ncl transfer be available? How many minutes to airport?

There are 6 of us, at least 8 pcs of luggage, 2 seniors so walking then taking train or bus is not an option. If there is no ncl transfer, where to book for private van to take us to airport?

Look forward to reply and info. Thanks a lot.

Edited by Haynecourt

Just fyi - we got off the Star in mid June and had the same issue. Because our flight was at 12:20, NCL would not let us book their transfer (had to be 12:30 or later). I usually call NCL beforehand and book their transfer if I'm going to use it.

So, I booked a private limo rather than a taxi - the queue for taxis was ... shall we say ... quite extensive. Luckily our cruise ended on Sunday so there was no construction traffic out near Oceankaj. Our limo driver told us the previous week it had taken over two hours just to get out of the port area due to the construction/trucks.

There is an extensive thread over on the ports of call forum about this very issue..

Our limo met us at 9am, and we got to our gate at around 11 - after a long line up to check our bags and a huge security line.

Just fyi - we got off the Star in mid June and had the same issue. Because our flight was at 12:20, NCL would not let us book their transfer (had to be 12:30 or later). I usually call NCL beforehand and book their transfer if I'm going to use it.

So, I booked a private limo rather than a taxi - the queue for taxis was ... shall we say ... quite extensive. Luckily our cruise ended on Sunday so there was no construction traffic out near Oceankaj. Our limo driver told us the previous week it had taken over two hours just to get out of the port area due to the construction/trucks.

There is an extensive thread over on the ports of call forum about this very issue..

Our limo met us at 9am, and we got to our gate at around 11 - after a long line up to check our bags and a huge security line.

Thank you for this info, very helpful, would you mind sharing the name and contact of private limo co.?

Thanks again.

Sure, it was www dot limos4 dot net

It was very expensive - around 800 DKK - I'm sure you can find a better price elsewhere, but honestly I needed someone who could guarantee a child car seat and I did not want to take chances with the taxi queue. It ended up being a very comfortable VW Eurovan - could have sat 8 people comfortably..

If you get a limo, just note that you go STRAIGHT out of the terminal and they will be there holding up a sign, rather than turning left towards the taxi area...

We were on the 6/15 sailing on Star. In speaking with the staff the reason they don't want to book folks on the shuttle to the airport for flights before 12:30pm is that they don't want to be responsible for anyone missing flights. We had an 11:50 flight from CPH to Amsterdam and told NCL our flight left at 12:30. We were given silver luggage tags and were on the first bus at 8:00am to the airport. We got to the airport around 9:00am where we collected our bags from a holding area. After checking in for our flight we had plenty of time to clear security, grab something to eat and shop in Kastrup. NCL charged us $30.00 each for the transport. I think it was worth it as there was traffic from the port to the airport (Tuesday morning) so I don't want to think about the price for a cab. If you can live with telling a little white lie about your departure time you should be fine.

I was on the Star last September. I had a 11:50 flight to Amsterdam, then connected to the US. Originally, I planned to get off the ship with early disembarkation (carrying my own luggage), then get into the taxi line - if it was too long you can get on the light rail and make a transfer to the airport.

As I waited in the taxi line, NCL agents were coming up to people offering space on their buses with immediate departure to the airport. Needless to say, I got on the bus and was at the airport within an hour.

Shkeh, we were on your cruise and in your SPB tours also. We did the same thing, a little white lie, our flight was at 12:25, we told them 12:30, got grey luggage tags, they picked up bags and took them to a holding area at the airport, took the 8:00 transfer, got to airport in plenty of time to check in, etc. Great trip but as always good to be home !!!

We were on the 6/15 sailing on Star. In speaking with the staff the reason they don't want to book folks on the shuttle to the airport for flights before 12:30pm is that they don't want to be responsible for anyone missing flights. We had an 11:50 flight from CPH to Amsterdam and told NCL our flight left at 12:30. We were given silver luggage tags and were on the first bus at 8:00am to the airport. We got to the airport around 9:00am where we collected our bags from a holding area. After checking in for our flight we had plenty of time to clear security, grab something to eat and shop in Kastrup. NCL charged us $30.00 each for the transport. I think it was worth it as there was traffic from the port to the airport (Tuesday morning) so I don't want to think about the price for a cab. If you can live with telling a little white lie about your departure time you should be fine.

Thank you for your advice. We will definitely be flying 1230 (wink) 6 pax x usd 30 =180. Looking thru private limo websites, i got a quote of usd 224 for a mercedes benz van for 8 but with a possible wait time charge of usd112, so that can tip the scale. Ill just inform concierge that we have a 1230 flight and be ready to be off by 8am. Thanks so much!

Hi Mike and all from Pittsburg. Give my regards to the rest of the group and a special thanks to Linda, Arby and Tommy for helping us win the ABBA songs trivia. Thanks for the memories. Hope our paths cross again on another NCL cruise.